U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-04-2008, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 8,442 times
Default Which Area in torrance safe

Hi
At present I am living in torrance 90503 and want to move to cut off my rent looking between 1000 to 1400 in torrance and lawndale area.Please advice me which part of these places are safe.
I saw something around 3720 Redondo Beach BlvdTorrance, CA 90504 is it safe area?

Thanks,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 10:03 PM

18 posts, read 68,477 times
Rb blvd pretty much anywhere in that part is safe. Basically the closer it is to the beach cities, the safer and nicer it is. I would stay away from lawndale. I grew up near torrance, so i know that area pretty well.

I wouldn't live anywhere east of western avenue either.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:38 PM

10 posts, read 28,751 times
Default I agree with the above

I agree with the above, for all of the same reasons. I have lived in the South Bay in four different houses over the last 55 plus years, so I too, know the area well.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:20 PM

71 posts, read 242,828 times
Lived there my entire life and I concur. Stay west of Crenshaw Blvd if you can. There are tons of apartment buildings in West Torrance along Anza Ave, in the Emerald Ave/Spencer Street area, from Anza Ave on the west to Prairie Ave on the east. You may find a studio or one bedroom for up to 1400 in that area.

Lawndale is weird. It is just across Inglewood Ave from Redondo Beach and the difference in housing and atmosphere is like entering another world, a not good world. It's not the worst area and I've had plenty of friends who've had to live there but it's definitely not pretty or upscale by any means. I'd stick to West or North Torrance or North Redondo Beach in my searches for an apartment if you can swing it at all.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:22 PM

7,228 posts, read 5,735,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyourlittledogtoo View Post

Lawndale is weird.
It is where your weird friends' scary friends go to score drugs to sell to the rich brats to the west. (No, really)

If you need to go lowball, you might go down PCH towards Lomita.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:27 PM

4 posts, read 8,509 times
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find an apartment or house to rent in the better areas of torrance, CA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles