Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 08:56 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr20 View Post
Is there anything that can be done..how bad is it going to get, there must come a time when the scales are too over balanaced on the side of crime and the government has to take drastic measures?

What do you think...
Well RR20WLACFAN, I dont think too much of the gang members and really dont waste any of my time and brain cells thinking about those idiots but since you asked, here are my thoughts.

If they are illegal immigrants, we should just drop them back off over the border. If they are US citizens they should be tortured based on the crimes they commit.

There was a time when there were cops and regular non gang types who would regularly go into gang areas to "take out" the known thugs and everyone would just write it off as "gang on gang crime". Vigilante justice is what is needed to rid ourselves of the gangs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 11:47 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,844,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr20 View Post
Is there anything that can be done..how bad is it going to get, there must come a time when the scales are too over balanaced on the side of crime and the government has to take drastic measures?

What do you think...
as someone who grew up in the 80's and 90's in a gang infested area it has gotten much better! Lots of work left to be done though!

Old 01-10-2009, 11:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWV View Post
Give them the death sentence? Are you serious? Why would you give people who are trying to have a better life the death sentence? Are you saying every illegal immigrant (I assume you're talking about illegal ''MEXICANS?'') are involved in gang affiliations? There are other methods into solving gang problems and giving them or illegal immigrants of any nationality the death sentence is NOT the answer.

I doubt if you know anybody who's involved in a gang. First of all, you have to understand what a ''gang'' really means. Most gangs were started to protect a certain community from certain types of crimes and people who committed the crimes, then as the years went by it transformed into something totally different: violence, murders, drugs, thefts, arsonist, burglaries and etc. My cousin who is only 23 was involved in a gang when he was a little younger; I will not give the name of the gang, but he was known as one of the informants in the gang. He basically just informed his gang or his gang leaders about other gangs, cops, civilians, drug lords and etc and what they were up to. He's in college right now going for his Bachelors in Medicine and from me having deep deep conversations with him, he never ever once told me he ever murdered someone or committed a violent crime against someone.
these are the same types of arguments that were used to defend KKK for so long.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:50 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,894,224 times
There was a story on NPR about how US gang members who were being deported back in to Central America had the major effect of expanding the gangs back into Central America.

In response to that, the local store owners were hiring death squads to kill the gang members who had been trying to extort protection money from them. But the death squads after they killed off the gang members started themselves forming protection rackets.

So why I would enjoy any Rambo/Steven Seagul movie about stopping gang members by vigilante justice, in practice I think the idea is poor one.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:14 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times
Here is my take on this:

Locking people up does nothing to curb the problem, in fact, when locked up, criminals learn how to become BETTER criminals!

I tend to think that the Government allows a certain amount of crime because if a government can invade an entire country surly it can clean up a small drug infested neighborhood. See, you haft to remember, this is all one HUGE business, the police, the FBI, the judicial system, and so forth. For the most part, billions of dollars is made from peoples poor decisions.

Prisons in the history of man kind is actually a new form of punishment. Thousands of years ago there were no such thing as prisons because they were not needed. They were not needed because every person had to go through a rites of passage. Or in other words, moral behavior was INSTALLED into the person before they reached adulthood. So what we live in now is called civilized barbarism.

Anyway, we are only treating the symptom and not the actual root of the problem which is why crime will continuing to go on and why the Government and others will gain more power from it and will continue to profit from it.

The actual root of the problem is the LACK of strong, disciplined fathers in the home. The root of the problem is wide spread drug use. The root is a lack of financial recourses irrespective if you go to collage or not because collage is not for everyone. The root is the LACK of a self sufficient communities that looks out for one another. The root is this junk/garbage that we call entertainment that INSTALLS FAULTY PROGRAMS into the minds of our young youth.

Geez, I could go on, I would even argue that living in a city only makes the situation worse. A city with all the concrete, lack of nature, smog and congestion creates sensory overload. No matter how cool it's portrayed, city life is a mild form of torture and its a artificial and unnatural way to live.

Last edited by Morphous01; 01-11-2009 at 02:50 AM..

Old 01-11-2009, 03:31 AM
SWV

445 posts, read 1,336,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
these are the same types of arguments that were used to defend KKK for so long.
Who is we? Specify please...I'm not defending anyone I'm not saying GANGS are right..I'm just saying most of YOU don't know **** about gangs.

KKK isn't a gang so why even bring them up? ....think about it

Old 01-11-2009, 05:22 AM

Uaa, I never get involved with other peoples arguments but the truth is the KKK is a gang as well as the police, the military, all the way down to 10 punks on the street causing trouble because it all falls under the definition of the word "gang."

Gang

noun
  1. An organized group of criminals, hoodlums, or wrongdoers
  2. A particular social group:
  3. A group of people organized for a particular purpose:
gang: Definition, Synonyms from Answers.com

Old 01-11-2009, 06:10 AM

488 posts, read 1,512,846 times
Default $.02

Gangs are kids clinging for dear life to family/acceptance/respect amid moral decline. The extent of their trespasses seem to reflect their experiences in life but are perhaps exacerbated by a lack of compassion in a world not able to accept them as relevant/worthy/human. This gang member/dumbass on the news tonight, laughing at the judge; he has no relationship/belief/trust with the system judging him. It's a joke to him. Punishment does not seem to be solving the problem.

Humanity is a prerequisite for peace. Deprived of it?......

Old 01-11-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnorman67 View Post
Gangs are kids clinging for dear life to family/acceptance/respect amid moral decline. The extent of their trespasses seem to reflect their experiences in life but are perhaps exacerbated by a lack of compassion in a world not able to accept them as relevant/worthy/human. This gang member/dumbass on the news tonight, laughing at the judge; he has no relationship/belief/trust with the system judging him. It's a joke to him. Punishment does not seem to be solving the problem.

Humanity is a prerequisite for peace. Deprived of it?......

This is a good post, this is true.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:45 AM

207 posts, read 714,374 times
Has anyone considered the possibility that elements of our government has imported a lot of drugs (mostly cocaine) into the US, particularly, LA? Is it any coincedence that the crack epidemic happened around the same time as Iran-Contra? Look it up. There's plenty of evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles