Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 05:11 PM

126 posts, read 364,964 times

Advertisements

Wheregirl. I was only listing the pros and cons from my perspective. Sorry, I have been in LA for over 20 years but raised in Ohio. Just my insight. If someone doesn't care for nightlife they can take that into consideration. I just prefer warm weather, nightlife and people not looking to impress.
I was able to afford to living ther as well, although that doesn't mean that I want to be a superficial person. I don't know how old you are but don't think that their must be talent associated with wealth or prestige. Ex: George Bush, Brittany Spears. Get my drift! You'll learn that as you meet people over time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 05:12 PM

Thanks for making my case...

Old 01-29-2009, 05:31 PM

You are correct. West LA is a big difference in weather. I had a large patio in Manhattan Beach and was rarely able to use it because it was always overcast and cold. Of course some people happen to enjoy that sort of thing. Just my opinion.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:37 PM

206 posts, read 1,075,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTGJR View Post

So, alaplex may be referring to a West LA that doesn't include SAMO, Venice, etc because the last time I checked they were still along the coast and had the same clouds and fog that hit 10-miles south.
What is SAMO?

Old 01-29-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaplex View Post
Wheregirl. I was only listing the pros and cons from my perspective. Sorry, I have been in LA for over 20 years but raised in Ohio. Just my insight. If someone doesn't care for nightlife they can take that into consideration. I just prefer warm weather, nightlife and people not looking to impress.
I was able to afford to living ther as well, although that doesn't mean that I want to be a superficial person. I don't know how old you are but don't think that their must be talent associated with wealth or prestige. Ex: George Bush, Brittany Spears. Get my drift! You'll learn that as you meet people over time.
How interesting, from Ohio and you find MB to be too cold. I prefer the cloudy and cooler MB because Socal already has too much heat and sunshine. BTW, MB isn't cloudy like Seattle, is it?

I see, by superficial you mean people with wealth and prestige. It is probably more people's values than how much they have. I have found that lots of mid-westerners have really good values. Are the mid-westerners with wealth and prestige more real?

Old 01-29-2009, 08:30 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,879,691 times
SAMO= SAnta MOnica

Old 01-30-2009, 04:45 PM

Are there parts of MB that is more more congested and better to be avoided? Sometimes it can take much longer to drive on local roads than the highway.

Thanks.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:55 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,817,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheregirl View Post
Are there parts of MB that is more more congested and better to be avoided? Sometimes it can take much longer to drive on local roads than the highway.

Thanks.
Sepulveda gets congested around rush hour and lunch hour during workweeks. The intersection of Manhattan Beach Blvd and Manhattan Ave gets busy on summer weekends. Otherwise... I don't think traffic within MB itself is all too terrible. Valley Dr is a great alternative to Sepulveda.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:57 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,110,685 times
There are no freeways in Manhattan Beach, although the 405 isn't too far away, especially if you live in the eastern portions of the city. Because there is no freeway near the coast, the main thoroughfares that parellel the beach are often extremely crowded, especially in the vicinity of the pier. Overall MB is a very nice city, it just isn't ideal if you find yourself commuting regularly to UCLA and Pasadena.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:02 PM

Thanks a lot, that is really helpful. If I were to balance between the best air quality and easier commuting to UCLA (a couple of times per week) and to other parts of LA from time to time, then where would be my best location?

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles