U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 04:57 PM

829 posts, read 1,629,735 times

Advertisements

This is a very random question so please bare with me...About 7-8sh years ago I was out in L.A visiting some people. At one point I was driving along pch up past the southbay...eventually after a while i turned off... then again turned off of an exit because i had to use the restroom...I vaguely remember it being a hilly area and i could look out and see downtown (i believe) if i were to guess i would say i was north/north east of the city. It wasnt the nicest area, but it wasnt real run down either. I remember getting back on the freeway and it said 15 miles to inglewood...does anyone have any clue where i might of been? Im just really trying to figure out and i just cant remember...

thanks a lot and sorry for the random question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 05:03 PM

2,364 posts, read 1,576,869 times
Sounds like you were in the Rancho Verdes/Rolling Hills area or possibly the part of Torrance that has hills.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:06 PM

6,245 posts, read 12,057,060 times
the only freeways that would mention inglewood would be the 405 and 105, neither of which run anywhere north/northeast of downtown. however, there are hilly places north/northeast of downtown where you can see the downtown skyline like glendale and eagle rock. you are certainly more than 15 miles from inglewood though. i would guess that you were probably in or around torrance at the base of the the palos verdes peninsula. this would assume that you were actually driving down (south) on pch, not up. don't forget, the the ocean is on your left when driving north on the west coast ;-).

Old 01-29-2009, 05:13 PM

well i know for a fact i was driving north...lol....maybe im putting two stories together, but i definately know i was driving north, then i may have turned off onto another road off of pch, but i def. know that after i stopped and got back on the freeway it said 15 miles to inglewood...lol...i know its random, but im just trying to figure this out...so with that info, where would you guess? lol...
thanks again

Old 01-29-2009, 05:15 PM

the funny thing is i thought i was wayyyyyyyyy north of torrance...if it helps anyway...i was taking a long way to hollywood i believe...

Old 01-29-2009, 05:16 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,099,663 times
On a clear day you can definitely see the downtown skyline from Ranchos Verdes/Rolling Hill, but it helps if you've got a camera with an excellent zoom.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:23 PM

5,112 posts, read 12,161,629 times
you can see downtown from any of the higher elevations in the southbay.. i used to work off del amo and wilmington or so in carson and on a clear day you had an immaculate view of downtown just from the road. you dont even need to be in the hills to see downtown in some spots

Old 01-29-2009, 05:26 PM

so by my descriotion where might i of been? if i was on my way to hollywood and was near in the vicinity of that area...what is 15 miles from inglewood?
thanks

Old 01-29-2009, 05:28 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,099,663 times
Going out on a limb here, but you say you were on your way to Hollywood, you were 15 minutes from Inglewood and you were heading north? You could've been in the Crenshaw Heights/Baldwin Park area. The hills there offer some amazing views of Downtown as well (Hahn State Park comes to mind). That area of course, is nowhere near the beach/PCH.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:37 PM

never thought of that area...i know where i stopped had to be "freeway close" because it was a quickshop/restraunt type place...i really thought that once i got back on the freeway i was coming FROM the north/north east towards downtown.

so there are no freeways north of downtown that would reference inglewood?

maybe i was somewhere in north hollywood...? van nuys or somewhere...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles