Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2009, 05:02 PM

25 posts, read 67,114 times

Advertisements

I am an aspiring film composer who just moved from the DC area to the Bay Area. However, this is only temporary, as I am establishing residency to finish school here in CA (prefferably SDSU; they have a really interesting composition degree there). Please dont reply jabbering on about USC and UCLA, I probably wouldn't get in, due mostly to financial reasons, and really was not amped when I toured their dapartments anyway. I have gotten my first gig already through telecommuting (proving you dont HAVE to be in LA), and am pretty excited and confident about the future. I plan to move to southern CA in the summer, and am torn. I really want to spend some time in San Diego, but iv'e also been getting advice to go straight to LA. I guess I figured that it will be a couple of years before I start getting paid to do what I love, and until then, while in school and working a real job, I might as well be in San Diego rather than LA.

Also, I figure that LA is only like an hour away from SD anyway, which would allow for networking, at least more than in the Bay Area.

I guess what I am asking, is would it be a massive mistake and waste of time to move to SD for a little while before coming to LA? I definitely would like to avoid LA for the time being, but really don't know what to do.

If anyone wants to hear my work, you can listen at:

Alexander Brown on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

or

Alex Brown on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles