Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 06:56 PM

42 posts, read 221,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
if thats all you can afford, then ya. but if you can afford more, no. try to stay closer to the beach. generally areas closer to the beach like zip 90803 and 90801 are better areas
yes that is all i can afford right now. but if it is an undesirable area, i'd rather continue to rent for a few more years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 11:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,555 times
Default I live in a safe area of Long Beach

If you're looking for a 1-bedroom under $1,000 try using a property management company (they're mostly free, btw). I went to a better property management company, and found an apartment near Jefferson Middle School in 90804.

Having lived in LB for over 3 yrs now, I can tell you anywhere in North Long Beach is pretty much not safe. Also, the Orange Terrace Apts. near 7th & Orange is off-limits too.

So, the best place to look is in the gazette (or on their website), and at property management companies' websites. The first 3 that come to mind are Pabst & Kinney, A Better Property, and Belmont Brokerage.

Good luck.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:09 AM

14 posts, read 76,303 times
Quote:
Java Lanes is gone now - torn down in the past 1-2 years in order to build condo's or houses...cannot remember. No recollection of a bowling alley on Ocean.
There's a bowling alley at the new Pike downtown. I forget what it's called. It's small and swanky and there's a bar in it. It's connected to a video game place, and on weekends they charge an insane cover.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:13 PM

34 posts, read 174,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlaze2006 View Post
Hey guys, thanks so much for helping me out. I live in Philadelphia, PA and I recently got the oppurtunity for an internship in Long Beach this summer. in about mid-June me and my two friends will be driving down and spending two months there. Right now I am having a lot of trouble finding a place to live. We've been looking at a whole bunch of places but most of the are not good enough. My best choice right now is a place called Orange Terrace Apartments on 698 Orange Ave. Let me know what you think about it. Anyways any other suggestions would be great, here are my requirements:

Studio or 1 bedroom apartment
Month to month lease
Unfurnished
Under 1K/mo.
Perferably a patio or balcony
Air conditioning

Thank you so much guys, let me know what you think.

Josh
stay away from orange and any other area round there.youll probably get mugged if they see three young kids with pennsylvania plates.
you dont have to live in l.b.theres nicer surrounding within driving distance.
look into lakewood,which is close to l.b much nicer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles