Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 01:41 AM

300 posts, read 1,179,484 times

Advertisements

Meth isn't too bad here in Nebraska, but rural Missouri has a huge problem with it. Alot of the Midwest states are hotbeds for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 08:40 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,648 times
aerahrtlu originally said:

Meth isn't too bad here in Nebraska, but rural Missouri has a huge problem with it. Alot of the Midwest states are hotbeds for it. [End Quote]

Epidemic? Pandemic? Apparently it is relatively cheap to make and buy so a lot of economically suppressed areas see it more than the more expensive narcotics. I guess crack is somewhat the same story. At least this problem can't be blamed on Central American Sandinistas leading to "the war on drugs" (a misguided and mismanaged Federal funding effort).

Old 02-24-2009, 08:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
aerahrtlu originally said:

Meth isn't too bad here in Nebraska, but rural Missouri has a huge problem with it. Alot of the Midwest states are hotbeds for it. [End Quote]

Epidemic? Pandemic? Apparently it is relatively cheap to make and buy so a lot of economically suppressed areas see it more than the more expensive narcotics. I guess crack is somewhat the same story. At least this problem can't be blamed on Central American Sandinistas leading to "the war on drugs" (a misguided and mismanaged Federal funding effort).
right as for the ease in producing Meth I have heard and yes, the mid-west including here in NWA there is a problem, but that does not mean Sandinistas are not bringing drugs into our country at an alarming rate. Now, I am not sure this subject doesn't belong on another thread..?? What do the rest of you think?

N ita

Old 02-24-2009, 12:33 PM

Default Drugs and safe neighborhoods

nmnita originally said:

right as for the ease in producing Meth I have heard and yes, the mid-west including here in NWA there is a problem, but that does not mean Sandinistas are not bringing drugs into our country at an alarming rate. Now, I am not sure this subject doesn't belong on another thread..?? What do the rest of you think? [End Quote]

I agree. I apologize for veering off topic somewhat though drug use in general does relate to neighborhood safety. Bottom-line...avoid neighborhoods that have reps as "war" zones or are severely economically supressed. Create a positive environment at home. Expose your children to positive influences be it people and / or programs. In terms of public education, areas such as South Pasadena where funding on average is low, but test results high, are your best bet. Otherwise, private institutions can provide some insulation from the mean streets.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
nmnita originally said:

right as for the ease in producing Meth I have heard and yes, the mid-west including here in NWA there is a problem, but that does not mean Sandinistas are not bringing drugs into our country at an alarming rate. Now, I am not sure this subject doesn't belong on another thread..?? What do the rest of you think? [End Quote]

I agree. I apologize for veering off topic somewhat though drug use in general does relate to neighborhood safety. Bottom-line...avoid neighborhoods that have reps as "war" zones or are severely economically supressed. Create a positive environment at home. Expose your children to positive influences be it people and / or programs. In terms of public education, areas such as South Pasadena where funding on average is low, but test results high, are your best bet. Otherwise, private institutions can provide some insulation from the mean streets.
haven't thought about So Pasa in years, we were married there, I went to church there for years and taught Sunday School when I was attend PCC

Nita

Old 02-24-2009, 02:08 PM

nmnita originally said:

haven't thought about So Pasa in years, we were married there, I went to church there for years and taught Sunday School when I was attend PCC [End Quote]

Did you get married at Holy Family? Now you are in Arkansas?

Old 02-24-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
nmnita originally said:

haven't thought about So Pasa in years, we were married there, I went to church there for years and taught Sunday School when I was attend PCC [End Quote]

Did you get married at Holy Family? Now you are in Arkansas?
story of our move to AR would take a month to fill in the holes, but we love it, green, slow life style, rural living but we are only 20 minutes from great medical facilities, good restaurants and some culture and no, we do not marry our cousins, nor do we park our pick up trucks on the front grass.. The refrig is in the kitchen not the front porch and most of us no longer use outhouses..

We got married at St James Episcopal church..I won't tell you how many years ago, but it may have been before you were born.

Nita

Old 02-24-2009, 03:46 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,288,018 times
My very profound statement to those who want to know what Southern CA is REALLLLLLLLY Like?

It is what you make of it.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:23 AM

nmnita originally said:

story of our move to AR would take a month to fill in the holes, but we love it, green, slow life style, rural living but we are only 20 minutes from great medical facilities, good restaurants and some culture and no, we do not marry our cousins, nor do we park our pick up trucks on the front grass.. The refrig is in the kitchen not the front porch and most of us no longer use outhouses..

We got married at St James Episcopal church..I won't tell you how many years ago, but it may have been before you were born.

Nita [End Quote]

I have been to St James. I currently go to St Barnabas Episcopal Church in Eagle Rock.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,327 times
Sierra Madre is a great little town except for only ONE thing. We are being bombarded by Chemtrails regularly, transforming our beautiful blue skies into gray toxic cloud cover lasting for days causing ears, eyes, nose, throat and skin irritatations. If you are not aware of chemtrails...google it. There is plenty of into there. The life you save may be your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles