U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 04:26 PM

94 posts, read 219,449 times
Yeah I'm listening to Leykis now.

Yes I'm sure Frank made comments he would be apologizing for assuming he still had a show. I'm not going to hold it against him, and I think even he realized it towards the end of the show when he admitted he gave Leykis crap and that he does still indeed look at him as family.

It really is a sad day though even for those in the midwest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 04:35 PM

5,375 posts, read 6,870,312 times
My attention had wandered a bit during parts of the show (I've been listening to most of the day), but I'm not going to get all mad at Frank. We've probably all said silly stuff after drinking too much. Yeah, I think Frank would be apologizing on Monday... if there was a Monday, which there isn't.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:44 PM

5,102 posts, read 10,000,689 times
I'm listening to Tom Leykis now, too. By far my very favorite moment on radio is when he was talking about politics one time a few months ago, and this woman called up and ranted for five minutes. At one point she said, "The hippopocrisy of these people..." and Tom said without missing a beat, "And the rhinocery, too!" She didn't even notice, but just kept on talking!!! I laughed for about five minutes straight!

Old 02-20-2009, 06:12 PM

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it's done, it's over.

I listened to the first 5 minutes of the new format. I doubt it's representative of what the rest of the new KLSX will be, but I've heard enough. KLSX, you suck!!!

Several times during the final broadcast people asked, "How will we find out news about where you will be next?" His reply:

Blow Me Up Tom.com
My Space.com/Tom Leykis

Tom will sit on the bench, paid a hansom salary, until his present contract runs out. He's so talented that I can't imagine that he won't pop up somewhere else when he is freed of his present contractual obligations, and I just hope that his new show will appear in the Los Angeles market.

Tom, I congratulate you on a job well done!!!

Blow me up!!!

Old 02-20-2009, 06:15 PM

5,102 posts, read 10,000,689 times
Yes, I'm less than impressed by the 10,000 commercial free songs we now get instead of live people entertaining us.

Time to delete 97.1 from my preset buttons! Another good radio station bites the dust in L.A.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
... instead of live people entertaining us.
Instead of entertaining people entertaining us.

My iPod has music on it. I don't need the radio blabbing somebody else's idea of what songs I should listen to. Next time I get in my car I'm going to punch in KNX 1070 news radio, and then I'm going to hit the CD button and listen to one of my MP3 CDs.

We'll always have our memories. I had some good times and near accidents listening to Tom's show, laughing so hard that I almost had to stop my car until my laughing subsided.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:01 PM

12,980 posts, read 18,217,618 times
Im just glad I got to hear........for the last time.......Tom's very last "Blow me up!!! "

Tom Leykis is a radio god.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:18 AM

3,721 posts, read 1,232,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Wow. Leykis has put on a few pounds.

TMZ Video Gallery
Damn! He can't even talk and walk properly. Not that he was ever a pretty boy.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,365 times
Default Sad Clue for CBS Radio Programming Morons

This format change is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. OMG! WTF!!!

I've been listening to Adam Carrolla since he took over from Howard Stern a few years back. The first incarnation of the show was best, in my view. Let's not even discuss the year with what's his Boonedouchebag. Lately it's been bearable as long as I can hear Adam and Teresa's unique take on daily life. Hello!

Here's the crux. Life sucks. Once you grow up a bit past the teenybopper phase where you have $40 to your name once a week, once you have real bills and real responsibilities and a real job...you really care a whole lot less about "top 40" and plastic Rhianna music! You care a whole lot more about hearing someone with an intelligent point of view.

And here's the main thing? People past 30 can actually pay for what we want. And so...I guess we will. At some other radio station or website - whatever. I want to hear Adam Carrolla. That's it. If you're too stupid to have him on your station? .... that's your problem. Moron.

There have been many days when I was driving my 42 miles to work at 5am, leaving early enough to hit the gym before work, when I was so tired I could barely lift my travel coffee mug to my lips. No matter how tired I was or how thrashed, hearing Adam and Teresa perked me up and put me in a better mood. Dammit. Why do you have to take that away from me, just at this crappy moment in history? CBS Radio idiots: You are my sworn enemy. I will never think kindly of you.

There are millions of people just like me - all of us (gasp!!) over 30, all of us with way more money to spend than those effite 20-somethings. And right now I urge all 97.1 fans to boycott the pathetic new format, and their suck-up advertisers, and help this sad idea die the death it deserves. This whole change is just some political coup by an undeserving wonderkind at CBS radio who in all likelihood is blowing the boss. Earth to CBS Brass: IT'S A BAD IDEA. YOU'RE GOING TO **** PEOPLE OFF!

As for the other shows -Tom Leykis kind of had to grow on me, but once I realized he knew his wines, I figured he couldn't be all bad. Frosty, Heidi and Frank gave me the odd laugh when I had to leave the studio for lunch.

I may not be the target demographic - I'm female and over 30. But guess what. I've got money. Something not a lot of folks in the new target demo for CRAP - AMP can say.

And here's the thing about us slightly-older-farts? We have the Georges. And the Abes. And guess who we won't be buying from. That would be the stupe-corps at CBS Radio.

Adam - you have a really big loyal fan base out here. Let us know how to buy your show and we'll do it. F the advertisers. Can't wait for those podcasts. But can you make them longer than 45 minutes? I need at least an hour and a half in case of traffic.

Mahalo!

Old 02-21-2009, 01:40 AM

3,721 posts, read 1,232,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
All you who are fans of Adam Carolla, for Frosty, Heidi and Frank, for Danny Bonaducci fans, and for Tom Leykis fans, you had better say goodbye quick. For everybody who likes the same old crap music, you are going to have the 15th or 20th choice on your FM and AM dials.

I listen to 97.1 Talk Radio whenever I drive, or when I'm not in the mood for talk I listen to CDs. I guess I don't even need to turn on the radio anymore.

Of all of the above I liked Tom Leykis the best. He is one of the most popular talk radio hosts in the nation, and I hope another LA station picks up his broadcast soon.

I'm bummed.
I was listening to Leykis way back when he was with KFI, even almost got a job on his show. I can take hom in small doses, but he can be hilarious....and the callers are something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles