U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 03:57 AM

61 posts, read 150,926 times

Advertisements

A. West Palmdale (60 mile roundtrip or RT)
B. Santa Clarita (120 mile RT)
C. Santa Monica (180 mile RT)
D. anywhere inbetween?

Your advice:
What do you think of my options? The Housing per dollar ratio looks best in Palmdale, but really I only want a safe, clean 1 bedroom (rental) not a family 3 bedroom. ... but I hear Palmdale is a little scary, so maybe Santa Clarita? If so, where in Santa Clarita for singles?
Anywhere inbetween?

Traffic:
14-North to Palmdale in the Mornings: good? bad?
14-South to Santa Clarita in the Evenings: good? bad?

About me:
--living in Pasadena.
--salary is 70k, single, age:20s
--transferring jobs.

Looking for:
at least a 1 bedroom, near a park, safe, lots of places to walk around, etc. maybe near that river in Santa Clarita?

THANKS!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 01:54 AM

27 posts, read 55,588 times
Default Lancaster

Hi. I used to work at EAFB years ago. I live in Lancaster now. I would not live in Palmdale. Ick.
Santa Clarita would be nice, but will cost you more $ and more driving time. There is a nice apartment complex called The Willows in Lancaster on K-8 between 10th and 20th west. It is near Lancaster City Park. But no laundry hookups and no garage.

Another nice place is Park Place apartments on 20th West near K-8 in Lancaster. Small quiet complex, set up condo-style (you have upstairs bedrooms and downstairs living and kitchen). A nice courtyard surrounds the pool. You get your own enclosed & attached garage and they have laundry hookups in the garage. Again, its apx 1/2 mile from Lancaster City Park. I lived there for a couple years and I really enjoyed it for the time I was there. Only downfall was that the nice old gentleman who owned it and managed it, well he sold it and retired. The new onsite manager "Cindy", is an airhead.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or