U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 06:14 PM

2,318 posts, read 6,841,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I love it, hubby is a UCLA fan..
A house divided...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 07:19 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,000,723 times
Quote:
Buckeye, could you be just living in a fantasy world??? Do ya think Ohio is really ready for the Trojans??? Of course I am kidding..I hope SC can conitnue. I have watched SC for too many years and how often we have heard, they need to re-build, it just seems they are always re-built, the talents comes out of the wall, whether the kids are 18 year olf freshman or 22 year old seniors. It is unbelievable..I love it, hubby is a UCLA fan..
I'm guessing that even in a hostile environment USC ekes out a victory. It won't (hopefully) be a blowout like last year (THAT was more embarrassing than the Florida debacle IMHO), but neither Ohio State nor USC are playing with stacked squads like last year. The Buckeyes are a little too inexperienced for this caliber of competition (most of the starters are going to be either freshman or sophomores, with only a couple of juniors and seniors), and USC has a lot of rebuilding to do on defense, in addition to getting a quarterback fully acclimated into Pete's system (Mustain is my guess, but how long was he warming the bench during Sanchez' tenure outside a few snaps?).

I will say this though: I hated USC after four years of college in Orange County (ground zero for fair weather fandom, especially for the Trojans, Lakers and Chargers) but after getting to see last year's game at the Coliseum and tailgating with 'SC fans while decked out in full Buckeye regalia, I have a newfound respect for the fans and the pandemonium surrounding the Coliseum on Game Day. I can only hope (and expect) that the fine citizens of Columbus show the same class toward visiting Trojans on September 12.

It should be one helluva game this time around. Helps that we don't have Todd "I don't like when Ohio State has possession of the football" Boeckman making the calls.

What say we move the game to December in Columbus and see how your boys handle the biting cold, howling winds and thick snowfall?

Old 02-26-2009, 07:24 PM

69,278 posts, read 79,469,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
A house divided...
and it has been that way for over 50 years, now if that isn't Love, what is?

Nita

Old 02-26-2009, 07:29 PM

Seems like a USC-UCLA couple is a little more tolerable than a Buckeyes-scUM relationship. Then again, the OSU-scUM rivalry stems from a war 150 years ago (over Toledo, for chrissake)

Old 02-26-2009, 07:29 PM

69,278 posts, read 79,469,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyenative01 View Post
I'm guessing that even in a hostile environment USC ekes out a victory. It won't (hopefully) be a blowout like last year (THAT was more embarrassing than the Florida debacle IMHO), but neither Ohio State nor USC are playing with stacked squads like last year. The Buckeyes are a little too inexperienced for this caliber of competition (most of the starters are going to be either freshman or sophomores, with only a couple of juniors and seniors), and USC has a lot of rebuilding to do on defense, in addition to getting a quarterback fully acclimated into Pete's system (Mustain is my guess, but how long was he warming the bench during Sanchez' tenure outside a few snaps?).

I will say this though: I hated USC after four years of college in Orange County (ground zero for fair weather fandom, especially for the Trojans, Lakers and Chargers) but after getting to see last year's game at the Coliseum and tailgating with 'SC fans while decked out in full Buckeye regalia, I have a newfound respect for the fans and the pandemonium surrounding the Coliseum on Game Day. I can only hope (and expect) that the fine citizens of Columbus show the same class toward visiting Trojans on September 12.

It should be one helluva game this time around. Helps that we don't have Todd "I don't like when Ohio State has possession of the football" Boeckman making the calls.

What say we move the game to December in Columbus and see how your boys handle the biting cold, howling winds and thick snowfall?
you couldn't be mean enough to really want to move the game to Dec...Have a heart...

Now let's hope we can get on with baseball and inticed Manny R (who is a jerk) to sign with the Dodger Blue...

Nita

Old 02-26-2009, 08:49 PM

17,449 posts, read 22,959,819 times
Quote:
The stadium construction, IIRC, depends on whether or not LA can actually land an NFL franchise. General consensus is that the only way LA will get an NFL team is if one relocates (Jaguars, Vikings*, Chargers, Raiders and maybe the Rams are commonly thought to be the four or five teams most likely to move).
Heard about Rush Limbaugh's offer to buy the Rams to keep them in St. Louis and prevent those "un-American liberals" (his words, not mine) in L.A. from having a football team?

Old 02-26-2009, 08:54 PM

2,262 posts, read 2,691,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Heard about Rush Limbaugh's offer to buy the Rams to keep them in St. Louis and prevent those "un-American liberals" (his words, not mine) in L.A. from having a football team?
Maybe Rush Limbaugh is too stupid to realize that there are many sane minded Americans (conservatives) living in the Greater Los Angeles area, even if they aren't the majority.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Maybe Rush Limbaugh is too stupid to realize that there are many sane minded Americans (conservatives) living in the Greater Los Angeles area, even if they aren't the majority.
Or that Industry/SGV is typically one of the more conservative areas of greater Los Angeles...It is practically the beginning of the Inland Empire after all.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
you couldn't be mean enough to really want to move the game to Dec...Have a heart...

Now let's hope we can get on with baseball and inticed Manny R (who is a jerk) to sign with the Dodger Blue...

Nita
While I don't like Manny, I don't think he's the problem. I think that blame should go more towards his agent, Scott Boras. Bill Simmons of ESPN had an excellent article a couple months ago explaining how Boras was responsible for Manny's behavior (or at the very least encouraged him to act the way he did) in order to get traded from the Red Sox.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:26 PM

17,449 posts, read 22,959,819 times
Quote:
Or that Industry/SGV is typically one of the more conservative areas of greater Los Angeles...It is practically the beginning of the Inland Empire after all.
Limbaugh just hates California, period. He probably thinks the San Joaquin Valley is full of bleeding-heart liberals....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles