U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Unread 02-27-2009, 05:58 PM
 
56 posts, read 209,902 times
Reputation: 37
Red face Prices and Subway

I actually work from home and would only use the subway for weekend trips on occasion.

Their Leasing office just emailed me and said they did a survey and they are competitive with the area. But I beg to differ. However, it is a very nice community.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescheeky View Post
Wow! Those prices I'm seeing flying through this forum are quite high. I understand the main reason is the building's proximity to the subway (literally across the street). mibtp, are you planning on taking the subway a lot? Do you work downtown?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 02-27-2009, 06:19 PM
 
830 posts, read 1,679,523 times
Reputation: 362
Competitive for the area? I wonder what the median income is for the area. You need to make a minimum of $72k a year to afford the one-bedroom. Over $100k for the 2 bedroom. If it's not a high income area, then it's overpriced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 02-27-2009, 06:21 PM
 
4,109 posts, read 3,049,843 times
Reputation: 3506
The apartments seem nice, but they are right down the street from the North Hollywood park and it is not recommended to go near there at night. Lankershim blvd just north of those apartments it gets really hairy in terms of safety.

NOHO It seems fails on the upscale urban living, the area is not that lively at night and the surrounding area is not good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibtp View Post
I actually work from home and would only use the subway for weekend trips on occasion.

Their Leasing office just emailed me and said they did a survey and they are competitive with the area. But I beg to differ. However, it is a very nice community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 02-27-2009, 06:30 PM
 
56 posts, read 209,902 times
Reputation: 37
Default Hairy?

I've read good things about the park. But any park at night would be iffie.


Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
The apartments seem nice, but they are right down the street from the North Hollywood park and it is not recommended to go near there at night. Lankershim blvd just north of those apartments it gets really hairy in terms of safety.

NOHO It seems fails on the upscale urban living, the area is not that lively at night and the surrounding area is not good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 02-27-2009, 06:31 PM
 
56 posts, read 209,902 times
Reputation: 37
Exclamation Pricing

Is that what they will be requiring, or what you assume, or what others have required?

The area's medium income is no-way near $72,000. Probably around $40,000.
With this economy, they should have lowered their standards.


Quote:
Originally Posted by motoman View Post
Competitive for the area? I wonder what the median income is for the area. You need to make a minimum of $72k a year to afford the one-bedroom. Over $100k for the 2 bedroom. If it's not a high income area, then it's overpriced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 02-27-2009, 06:36 PM
 
56 posts, read 209,902 times
Reputation: 37
Default Median Income

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoman View Post
Competitive for the area? I wonder what the median income is for the area. You need to make a minimum of $72k a year to afford the one-bedroom. Over $100k for the 2 bedroom. If it's not a high income area, then it's overpriced.
Median Household Income The median household income where you might compare North Hollywood mortgage interest rates. $34,617

Median Family Income The median family income in North Hollywood,CA, where you might apply for a home purchase loan. $40,783
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 02-27-2009, 07:10 PM
 
4,109 posts, read 3,049,843 times
Reputation: 3506
Would that have been in GQ (Gangs Quarterly) magazine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibtp View Post
I've read good things about the park. But any park at night would be iffie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-09-2009, 03:38 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,553 times
Reputation: 10
Anyone have an updates on these apartments? I would love to get into the two bedroom. I had a friend looking into the one bedroom about 2 months ago and they were offering 1950 plus 2 months free, and he was pretty high floor wise. He couldn't do it though because he just moved here from outside America, and they won't do the two months free with out good credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-09-2009, 03:53 PM
 
56 posts, read 209,902 times
Reputation: 37
Cool 2 bedrooms at NoHo 14

The one bedrooms are $1995 now and the 2 br around $2300. They probably still have the 2 months free. Call and ask. But they will not let you pro-rate the rent over the year and want the full amount due as soon as you are approved. They don't do deposits and the balance when you move in and sign the lease. Not very flexible.

They also require photo ID, copies of bank statements, check stubs or tax return and so on. It's as if you are buying a house with how many hoops you have to jump though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppe View Post
Anyone have an updates on these apartments? I would love to get into the two bedroom. I had a friend looking into the one bedroom about 2 months ago and they were offering 1950 plus 2 months free, and he was pretty high floor wise. He couldn't do it though because he just moved here from outside America, and they won't do the two months free with out good credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 03-09-2009, 03:58 PM
 
Location: Burbank
1,204 posts, read 2,644,785 times
Reputation: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
The apartments seem nice, but they are right down the street from the North Hollywood park and it is not recommended to go near there at night. Lankershim blvd just north of those apartments it gets really hairy in terms of safety.

NOHO It seems fails on the upscale urban living, the area is not that lively at night and the surrounding area is not good.

Are you joking? I went there every night, for about 4 months, to walk my dog. Not once did I see anything remotely strange or threatening going on. All of this North Hollywood "fear" is absolutely crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top