U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 03:02 PM

56 posts, read 424,368 times

Advertisements

I had some friends take photos of the place as I am out of town now.
The building to me is top of the line. But with that said, their prices are still too high: $1995 for a one bedroom; beautiful kitchen, tiny bathroom. If they were in a different location, like say, Miracle Mile, Marina Del Rey, Westwood, then they could charge that. But not in North Hollywood.

They are running a special; 2 months free but will not let you pro-rate over the year. That is their downfall. They also require all of the money to movie in in 3 days of approval when ALL other places allow a small deposit and the rest when you move in.

That should tell you something. That they don't want you to change your mind and make sure of it by collecting all of the money up front.

They also require copies of your bank statement on top of pay stubs, tax return, etc.

They'll relax all these over-the-top hoops you have to go through once they realize "it ain't workin'."

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABornandRaised View Post
Good point. I didn't notice the "press release." I wonder if the story is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 05:04 PM

448 posts, read 1,345,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibtp View Post
I had some friends take photos of the place as I am out of town now.
The building to me is top of the line. But with that said, their prices are still too high: $1995 for a one bedroom; beautiful kitchen, tiny bathroom. If they were in a different location, like say, Miracle Mile, Marina Del Rey, Westwood, then they could charge that. But not in North Hollywood.

They are running a special; 2 months free but will not let you pro-rate over the year. That is their downfall. They also require all of the money to movie in in 3 days of approval when ALL other places allow a small deposit and the rest when you move in.

That should tell you something. That they don't want you to change your mind and make sure of it by collecting all of the money up front.

They also require copies of your bank statement on top of pay stubs, tax return, etc.

They'll relax all these over-the-top hoops you have to go through once they realize "it ain't workin'."

Thanks for the info mibtp! Even though I want the NoHo Arts District area to be a success, I'm sick and tired of hearing about places charging $2K for 1 or 2 bedroom apartments. It's maddening because no matter where I am be it Brentwood, NoHo, Miracle Mile, Sherman Oaks, you name it, I see "West Side Rental" signs and "For Rent" signs galore; literally every single apartment complex. With all these vacancies, the prices need to do a severe drop. I mean come ON!!

I understand to an extent that NoHo14 can add a premium due to its proximity to the subway (literally across the street), but come on! By the way, personally, every apartment or house I've rented has required my pay stubs along with credit report.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:38 PM

Smile No Ho 14

Have they required your bank statements as well? That's what I find to be too much. Stubs, tax returns, okay. Statements, no.

I agree... $2000 for a one bedroom is insane. And I was insane in 2007 when I rented a 1 bedroom in West Hollywood for $2250. It was right off the Sunset strip - newly renovated, top of the line. But still too much. I've been in Portland, OR for 4 months and am ready to come back to LA, but with this economy, I am only willing to send $1900 for a 2 bedroom. I've found one that I hope will work our in the Miracle Mile area.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:21 PM

5,941 posts, read 6,389,254 times
The current apt I moved into back in Dec, 2008 never asked for any of that stuff. May have to do with how your credit backgorund check, length in current job. I lived in the area my whole life, same job for over fifteen years and lived at the previous apt for over eight years.

Quote:
Have they required your bank statements as well? That's what I find to be too much. Stubs, tax returns, okay. Statements, no.
I agree... $2000 for a one bedroom is insane. And I was insane in 2007 when I rented a 1 bedroom in West Hollywood for $2250. It was right off the Sunset strip - newly renovated, top of the line. But still too much. I've been in Portland, OR for 4 months and am ready to come back to LA, but with this economy, I am only willing to send $1900 for a 2 bedroom. I've found one that I hope will work our in the Miracle Mile area.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:41 PM

Smile No Ho 14

Actually, it's the standard package they give anyone who applies. They didn't know my income, living situation, etc. because I didn't tell them or complete the application because the price was too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
The current apt I moved into back in Dec, 2008 never asked for any of that stuff. May have to do with how your credit backgorund check, length in current job. I lived in the area my whole life, same job for over fifteen years and lived at the previous apt for over eight years.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:41 PM

5,941 posts, read 6,389,254 times
Honestly..that is way too expensive for the area. If you are looking for the urban feel, try Hollywood or even the new Americana at brand in Glendale.

Quote:
Actually, it's the standard package they give anyone who applies. They didn't know my income, living situation, etc. because I didn't tell them or complete the application because the price was too high.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:00 PM

20 posts, read 62,618 times
I didn't see my reply posted, so I'm sorry if this is a double.

I live in this building, on the northeast corner in a unit with the wraparound glass walls. We are paying $2500/month for a 2 bedroom, but given the incredible view, security, maintenance, SECURE PARKING and awesome kitchen, it is worth it. People here are generally professionals working in the entertainment industry and are good neighbors. Management is also very responsive about fixing problems. I do agree that it is a good chunk of money, but I feel that I'm getting a lot in return.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:04 PM

448 posts, read 1,345,353 times
I frequent the NoHo Commons right across the street from your building. hpcatfish, I think your building creates a nice skyline for the area. Have you heard anything about the rentals going back to condos? Is that something you'd be interested in purchasing?

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the complex. I wonder when they are going to put retail on the bottom floor as mixed use.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:22 PM

20 posts, read 62,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABornandRaised View Post
I frequent the NoHo Commons right across the street from your building. hpcatfish, I think your building creates a nice skyline for the area. Have you heard anything about the rentals going back to condos? Is that something you'd be interested in purchasing?

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the complex. I wonder when they are going to put retail on the bottom floor as mixed use.
I've been wondering the same thing myself. You would think that with all the foot traffic from the transportation hub, retailers would be tripping over themselves to rent space here. Make it a Trader Joe's, please, then I will never have to drive again and my life will be complete

When we signed the lease, there was a form stating that we will get first right of refusal if they ever convert it back to condos, which I don't think will happen. But if it did, yeah, I would certainly consider investing. It's like living in the world's coolest treehouse, if you can ignore the Ford dealership and just look at the pretty mountains.

From my bedroom window, I have seen meteors, harvest moons, police pulling over motorists, drunks arguing, and the occasional collision. We also had front row seats to the Station Fire, which was interesting, and I got some great shots of that. Definitely a fun place to be if you are an observer of other people.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:10 AM

Default Noho 14

I think that is a OK price for what you are getting. The wrap around windows and that amazing kitchen, you're right.

I'm now living in a renovated apartment in the Miracle Mile area; 2 bedroom for $1843. But It is just under 1000 sq feet and with a small kitchen and no view.

I would have considered you're building if they had priced it that way when I was looking!

P

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcatfish View Post
I didn't see my reply posted, so I'm sorry if this is a double.

I live in this building, on the northeast corner in a unit with the wraparound glass walls. We are paying $2500/month for a 2 bedroom, but given the incredible view, security, maintenance, SECURE PARKING and awesome kitchen, it is worth it. People here are generally professionals working in the entertainment industry and are good neighbors. Management is also very responsive about fixing problems. I do agree that it is a good chunk of money, but I feel that I'm getting a lot in return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or