U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-26-2009, 10:53 PM

56 posts, read 227,709 times
Question ** Considering NOHO 14 Apts. - North Hollywood

I'm considering NOHO 14 - they were condos that have been converted to apartments. New development.

Anyone heard of these, seen them, know anything about them?

NOHO 14 - Live Colorfully

Any advice on area, new development would be appreciated. I also have a small dog I need to walk at night and hope the area is safe.

Thanks.
Patrice
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 07:49 AM

938 posts, read 2,464,474 times
Hmm...I visited that area sometime early this month. Interesting area

prettyugly.: The NoHo Minute (http://devanwells.blogspot.com/2009/02/noho-minute.html - broken link)

The area is not bad, not bad at all. It has a lot of yuppies shopping/attending cool cafes, theaters (the largest concentration outside of NYC) and various boutiques. Nice little sidewalk culture going on.

I'd definitely say the area is safe, and didn't have a problem at all...the only thing is that the area can be kind of sprawly and hard to traverse by foot.

And the Metro Red Line access is convenient, too.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:12 AM

446 posts, read 826,644 times
Default Coincidence

That's funny. I drove there about 2 weeks ago and shot some pictures. I thought it was an attractive building. My understanding is it's the only high rise complex in the area, so if you get a room towards the top levels, you're sure to get a nice view of the valley.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:51 PM

Default Thanks for Photos

Cool. Thank you for the photos.
The prices are higher than others in the area. But they have great amenities. Still on the fence.

Patrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescheeky View Post
That's funny. I drove there about 2 weeks ago and shot some pictures. I thought it was an attractive building. My understanding is it's the only high rise complex in the area, so if you get a room towards the top levels, you're sure to get a nice view of the valley.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:52 PM

Default Not bad, huh?

I have been through the area, but not in a long time, and not with the intention of moving there, so I appreciate your insight.

Thanks.
Patrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
Hmm...I visited that area sometime early this month. Interesting area

prettyugly.: The NoHo Minute (http://devanwells.blogspot.com/2009/02/noho-minute.html - broken link)

The area is not bad, not bad at all. It has a lot of yuppies shopping/attending cool cafes, theaters (the largest concentration outside of NYC) and various boutiques. Nice little sidewalk culture going on.

I'd definitely say the area is safe, and didn't have a problem at all...the only thing is that the area can be kind of sprawly and hard to traverse by foot.

And the Metro Red Line access is convenient, too.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:06 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,798,654 times
The area is fine, but that place is probably overpriced.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:22 PM

Cool Over-priced?

You're right. It is. If they can't negotiate with me, then I will move on.
Looking at another renovated place in Hollywood for $400 less a month.

Patrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxTown View Post
The area is fine, but that place is probably overpriced.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:58 PM

219 posts, read 375,207 times
My wife and I priced this place out last month. I want to say rents were in the 1800-2200 range for a 1BR and 2400+ for a 2BR. I think I deleted the information but it was something along those lines. I wouldn't be surprised if they've come down since then.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:15 PM

Question Price?

Are you sure on the $1800? They want $1995 for a one bedroom and around $2795 for 2 bedrooms.

If you are SURE on the $1800 I would like to know. If so, I would want that info. on where you got the price when negotiating with them. I've decided I don't want to pay $1995, but really like the building.

Patrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmw2133 View Post
My wife and I priced this place out last month. I want to say rents were in the 1800-2200 range for a 1BR and 2400+ for a 2BR. I think I deleted the information but it was something along those lines. I wouldn't be surprised if they've come down since then.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:54 PM

446 posts, read 826,644 times
Wow! Those prices I'm seeing flying through this forum are quite high. I understand the main reason is the building's proximity to the subway (literally across the street). mibtp, are you planning on taking the subway a lot? Do you work downtown?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles