Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: WHO WILL YOU VOTE FOR LA MAYOR?
Antonio Villaraigosa 14 30.43%
Walter Moore 23 50.00%
Other 9 19.57%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 02:52 PM

23 posts, read 37,167 times

Advertisements

I'm voting for Walter Moore.

Tony V. dropped his council seat, to run for mayor, and he'll drop his mayoral seat to run for governor. He's done almost nothing about transportation and high density traffic. He supported a phone tax that manipulated words to make people think it would be lowered -- if it hadn't been passed there would have been NO phone tax. The campaign won because it implied that the extra funds would be used for more police. That didn't happen. He later raised the sanitation fees from $11 to $36 in order to hire 1000 more police, and the goal has fallen short.

Violent crime is down 2.5%. The goal was 5%. Property crimes (car and home robbery) are up.

Villaraigosa is in favor of high density in the city. I am not.
He hasn't fulfilled his promise regarding potholes, or planting 1 million trees. In fact I've seen some beautiful trees go down in areas where metered parking went in.
He's a sly politician, but he's not that smart. (He flunked the bar exam 4 times, never passing).

He's a poser. He can't debate because he's got nothin'.

If you won't vote for Moore, vote for someone else -- there are other good candidates, they just don't have lots of special interest money to woo your vote. But check them out on your own -- they're all on line on websites, stating their issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 03:30 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,355,717 times
There is no way I will vote for Hollywood Tony Villar.

I didn't vote for him the last time and I'm not voting for him Tuesday.

He is an embarrassment to this city with his salacious affairs Mirthala Solis or whatever her name was.

The gangs are worse since he's been in office. The gang task force had gangsters running the programs and have stolen money. The traffic in this city is out of control. That bogus phone tax he concocted. The School Board fiasco! (These kids can't read and half drop out before graduating!) The Jamiel White "special order 40" issue needs to be looked at and the city council and the mayor did NOTHING, and Villar continues to promote a sanctuary city in Los Angeles for illegals. The idiot can't do a press conference in one LANGUAGE! He always says "where is the Spanish tv camera?, show me telemundo" and proceeds to repeat every word for word in Spanish. How about Korean Tony? How about Japanese, or Farsi Tony! He's a living joke!

It's time to turn off the cameras on Hollywood Tony.

I hope this poll reflects how it goes on Tuesday! (because at 19 against and 7 for, he's outta there)

Old 03-02-2009, 03:51 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,565,080 times
Quote:
LuckyGem;7700712]There is no way I will vote for Hollywood Tony Villar.

I hope this poll reflects how it goes on Tuesday! (because at 19 against and 7 for, he's outta there)
If you believe that then reality has totally escaped you Anyone want to guess how many votes Moore will get [over 10% this year?

This forum validates what I have always thought that Republicans on City-Data are inflated way beyond the real numbers in Los Angeles. The 15-seat city council has one Republican! 13 Democrats & one Green. LA votes Democratic so get ready for Villaraigosa for 4 more years. Viva Alcalde Villaraigosa

Old 03-02-2009, 04:15 PM

10,009 posts, read 9,432,300 times
Yes, the wonderful L.A. City Council. This group has no clue on the financial state of the City. While the LA County library system is hurting financially, the city council voted to send a federal grant of $1.6 million to Mexico for a book fair. The only no vote came from Council Dennis Zine, interesting the only Repubilcan on the council.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
If you believe that then reality has totally escaped you Anyone want to guess how many votes Moore will get [over 10% this year?

This forum validates what I have always thought that Republicans on City-Data are inflated way beyond the real numbers in Los Angeles. The 15-seat city council has one Republican! 13 Democrats & one Green. LA votes Democratic so get ready for Villaraigosa for 4 more years. Viva Alcalde Villaraigosa

Old 03-02-2009, 04:18 PM

10,009 posts, read 9,432,300 times
....and get ready for four more years of the 11% Mayor, hollywood photo-op sleaze.

Quote:

Old 03-03-2009, 12:19 AM

100 posts, read 113,559 times
Walter Moore has the best platform and wants to stop L.A. from continuing to become, to quote one of his commercials, "A Third World dump."

I cannot stand four time bar exam flunkie, former gang banger, wife-cheater Tony Villar. And the reason crime is down has nothing to do with his 12 hour work week.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:38 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,276,881 times
Quote:

City-Data seems to attract a whole bunch of conservative complainers. It's really weird.

Btw, I wonder if everyone who voted in this poll for Walter Moore is actually living in LA..

Old 03-03-2009, 09:44 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,832,742 times
I curious. All you people who will be voting for Moore, what has he done/said he will do to make you want him as LA Mayor? Im thinking that most of you know less about him than you do Villaraigosa but will vote for him MAINLY because you dont like Villaraigosa.

I still firmly believe that Moore wrote that Jamiels Law because he wanted the black support in his bid for Mayor. Had he known that he would NOT vote for mayor he would not have authored that. I think most of you (i.e., not ALL of you) are voting for him for the main purpose that you do not like Villaraigosa.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:47 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,832,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
City-Data seems to attract a whole bunch of conservative complainers. It's really weird.

Btw, I wonder if everyone who voted in this poll for Walter Moore is actually living in LA..
I am a long time conservative and LA native who will be voting for Villaraigosa.

I like to think of myself as a non religious conservative with a brain. I voted for President Obama and I will be voting for Mayor Villaraigosa. I also voted twice Bush, and voted for Gov. Arnold. The thing is, despite my political leanings, I vote for what/who will do the greatest good.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:09 PM

23 posts, read 37,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post

While it may be true that City-Data attracts a lot of conservatives, and maybe some outside LA people voted in the poll here.

As for myself, I have lived in Hollywood for over 30 years. I am a registered Democrat. Never voted for a Republican that I can remember -- definitely not in a national election, although I have swerved away from Democrats, and voted for Peace and Freedom, and Green. If I have to have a label it would be liberal, but I hate labels, but I'm voting for Moore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles