U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-06-2009, 02:36 PM

5,404 posts, read 7,691,574 times
the westside of LA. or the beach cities.

if you have some edge, i suggest silver lake or echo. but since you are a yuppie then stick to the sanitized areas on the west side.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 05:09 PM

60 posts, read 110,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lflyntt View Post
I am moving to the LA in about a month from South Africa. I am a self-confessed yuppie (dunno if anyone admits to that anymore). Im 35 single, white, straight, Jewish and wondering if anyone can give me advice on which neighberhood in LA offers the best, safest, most fun, happening place to live for someone like me. Any other advice or wizdom would also be gr8.

Thanks in advance....Laz
I'm a 39 yr old single female from NY and I made the move to Santa Monica and absolutely love it. North of Wilshire is where you want to be. Brentwood is great too.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:35 PM

11,876 posts, read 12,799,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf123 View Post
I'm a 39 yr old single female from NY and I made the move to Santa Monica and absolutely love it. North of Wilshire is where you want to be. Brentwood is great too.
North of Wilshire is mostly populated by families with kids and the OP would probably feel out of place. A single guy would probably want to be in Ocean Park rather than in the Wilshire-Montana area.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:57 AM

9 posts, read 17,802 times
Also downtown is a great place to live if you work on the eastside.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:29 PM

48,391 posts, read 39,397,407 times
you know we have all given him ideas and yet we have no idea where he will be working or what his housing budget might be cause he hasn't popped back in..

Nita

Old 03-08-2009, 01:22 PM

237 posts, read 452,599 times
Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach...those places are pretty good! Quite expensive too!

Old 03-08-2009, 02:53 PM

11,876 posts, read 12,799,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
the westside of LA. or the beach cities.

if you have some edge, i suggest silver lake or echo. but since you are a yuppie then stick to the sanitized areas on the west side.
Silver Lake is hardly devoid of yuppies.

OTOH, people in Echo Park really don't want yuppies around unless said yuppies are willing to adapt to the community. I've even heard people defend the occasional outbursts of violence (like what happened last weekend) - they claim that if Echo Park were safer, it would turn into Venice and not only lose its grit but also its creative community which is accepting of all ethnicities and races. I personally don't agree with justifying violence, even though there's no doubt Echo Park is one of L.A.'s most fascinating and interesting areas with a great deal to offer. But sanitized it isn't.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,023 times
Yuppies go back to where your from, out of Towners ruin la cuz they raise the property values and have forced locals to move to Lancaster Palmdale riverside areas. Go home, east coast mid west yuppies you kill our culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles