U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 12:22 PM

85 posts, read 154,671 times

Advertisements

Wrong .. Most of the film industry is in Burbank. Im in music, and can list close to 100 record labels that are in either of those two areas.

I think you are missing the point. Its not that I cant afford the extra 100, its that Im trying to be as smart with my money as possible.

Old 03-29-2009, 01:38 PM

1,204 posts, read 3,909,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer3784 View Post
Wrong .. Most of the film industry is in Burbank. Im in music, and can list close to 100 record labels that are in either of those two areas.

I think you are missing the point. Its not that I cant afford the extra 100, its that Im trying to be as smart with my money as possible.
It's great that you are lecturing locals on how things are in LA. These people have been very kind and have given you valuable advice, but you seem to be resisting their input. LA is a tough place and to be honest, you don't seem ready.

Good luck.

Old 03-29-2009, 04:34 PM

I think most members would rather give negative feedback, rather than positive advice.

Old 03-29-2009, 05:52 PM

1,204 posts, read 3,909,331 times
Quote:
I think most members would rather give negative feedback, rather than positive advice.
No, you just don't want to hear the truth.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:24 PM

11,151 posts, read 13,792,939 times
Quote:
Please explain exactly what advice you're seeking, above and beyond what has already been shared with you.

Old 03-30-2009, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezeboxgal View Post
Please explain exactly what advice you're seeking, above and beyond what has already been shared with you.
I asked a question a few pages back about about how I can find like minded people to rent with in Santa Monica or West Hollywood. While one poster was nice enough to mention the rent boards from UCLA, other members still insisted on other areas, rather than trying to assist me with advice on those areas that I am looking to live in. I respect their opinions, and have looked into some of their suggestions. However, because of my career and lifestyle choices, I think I would be better fit in the original areas that I was looking into. Again .. instead of hashing through a few ideas, members felt the need to switch the topic around. Suddenly me asking for help with finding an apartment and like minded roommate wasnt worthy because : I wasnt planning on driving, I was involved in the entertainment industry (and how some members think I dont have a realistic goal, when they know nothing about who I am), and I was very cautious about how I spend my money. All of these which are relevant, but not to the thread or questions at hand.

Another poster was nice enough to explain their housing situation with finding something in a local paper. While I had searched in papers before, this poster was giving me information from something that happened in Manhattan Beach, which is a great hike away from areas I would be working in. Again .. I appreciate them taking out the time to fill me in on possibilities, but it was nothing different to help me with my search.

I came here thinking some people can help me find alternative methods to get me where I need to go. Because afterall, I have seen people give great advice on here. Some really positive stuff. But with me, a lot of people are giving more negative responses, just because my lifestyle is different than what they think is right. And it sucks that I have to answer the same questions over and over, yet still dont get valid responses to the questions.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:05 AM

1,078 posts, read 2,772,264 times
It's not your lifestyle, it's your attitude that people here are turned off by. Take the advice or leave it but don't come here telling us things about our city that you know despite not being here.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:09 AM

11,151 posts, read 13,792,939 times
Quote:
I came here thinking some people can help me find alternative methods to get me where I need to go. Because afterall, I have seen people give great advice on here. Some really positive stuff. But with me, a lot of people are giving more negative responses, just because my lifestyle is different than what they think is right. And it sucks that I have to answer the same questions over and over, yet still dont get valid responses to the questions.

Obviously, we don't have the answers that you're seeking, so it probably doesn't help to keep asking.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezeboxgal View Post
Obviously, we don't have the answers that you're seeking, so it probably doesn't help to keep asking.

Can someone inform me on where I can go to get answers?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 03-30-2009 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 03-30-2009, 11:51 AM

422 posts, read 1,563,924 times
This is such a hilarious thread. I've stopped reading more than a line or two of his tiresome, long-winded posts, but I'm pretty sure Jer is just pulling everyone's chain. Now I just get amusement reading the responses of the people who are trying to be helpful, only to have him set them straight about how things REALLY are in L.A.

If he's truly what he presents himself to be, Jer appears to be the kind of guy who would walk into a 7-Eleven and demand they sell him a three-piece suit. ("I KNOW you have some suits back there!") Trying to shape reality -- on an Internet message board, no less -- to fit his fantasy must be a frustrating endeavor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles