U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2009, 12:26 AM

7 posts, read 15,089 times

Advertisements

Hey all,
So I'm planning on moving to LA for fall semester at FIDM in August or Sept. I'm hoping to find an apartment on my own because I've heard you can save a ton of $ if you find your own place. I don't mind having a room mate at all and am hoping to spend no more than 1,200 on my half or portion of the rent. I need ideas of the best neighborhoods that will leave FIDM accessible in a reasonable amount of time (no more than a 40 minute commute) and be safe. I've heard Park La Brea a lot and was wondering if either WeHo or NoHo would be options or if they'd be too spendy or too long of a commute. Finally I'll be moving with, for sure, my 2 dogs. Tiki is a 4 lb Chihuahua and Boo Radley will be around 50 lbs and is a black lab/Shar-Pei mix. I may also have 1 cat Marley with me. So anyone know of any good neighborhoods that are pet-friendly, close to FIDM, and safe, and any complexes that will allow bigger dogs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 12:58 AM

2,516 posts, read 7,549,787 times
I love that you named your dog "Boo Radley," but good luck finding an apartment that will allow you to have two dogs and a cat. Your best bet will be looking for a house with a yard to share with two or three other people who don't mind your pets.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:49 AM

47 posts, read 165,430 times
if you dont mind downtown, i think pelofts.com has studios starting around 1200 and they allow multiple pets. they even have a dog run on the roof

Old 03-11-2009, 04:29 AM

The house thing was kind of the plan, as I'd prefer to have a yard for the pups anyway. The cat is negotiable, as he supposedly is mine, but in typical cat fashion ignores me unless he is out of food and seems to prefer my room mate to me 99% of the time. Anyways, how hard is it to find homes for rent in some of the mentioned neighborhoods? Also anyone have any ideas for additional neighborhoods that I haven't mentioned? And (1 more and I'm done lol) how bad is the crime downtown? I'd prefer a place that I'd be okay walking to my car and such at night.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:31 AM

Anyone heard of the Crescent Gardens in Park La Brea? I found them online and they seem to be fairly pet friendly although they haven't listed if they have weight restrictions so Boo might be too massive for them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles