U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 08:15 AM

1,288 posts, read 4,579,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxTown View Post
Association
Varnish
The Edison
The Doheny
Seven
Seven Grand
Standard Hotel
Redwood
Coles
J Lounge
Elevate
Knox, props to you. If I am not mistaken you are relatively new to LA, so I am impressed that you have ventured downtown to visit these bars. The Edison is one of the best bars in LA IMO.

You have locals who have lived in LA for years if not their entire lives and will swear up and down that downtown has no night life.

Rep points for you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 09:56 AM

898 posts, read 1,243,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
Knox, props to you. If I am not mistaken you are relatively new to LA, so I am impressed that you have ventured downtown to visit these bars. The Edison is one of the best bars in LA IMO.

You have locals who have lived in LA for years if not their entire lives and will swear up and down that downtown has no night life.

Rep points for you!!!
That's because the night life in downtown has become this large only in the past five years or so. Before that, it was very well hidden in areas like the artist district and bunker hill. Most of us locals who lived around that area couldn't afford the nearby night life at the time we lived there.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:05 AM

1,204 posts, read 3,910,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post

Rep points for you!!!
Thanks! I dated a girl who lived at the MetLofts, so I was downtown almost every night.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:02 AM

493 posts, read 495,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxTown View Post
Beer is about 7-12
Cocktails are about 10-15
$Rip off.00

I get annoyed when I have to pay $6+tip for a cocktail

Old 03-13-2009, 01:17 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,072,228 times
ya the downtown scene was very underground. i still prefer the warehouse parties to the more polished bars like association, edison, 7grand, etc. but when i want to impress my out of towners i do head to those places. a lot of places have been turned. score bar. charlie O's is undergoing renovations. lots of stuff going down. it is def a place to check out.

as for the hollywood scene. i usually avoid it. but i will be heading to the blu monkey this week. not a bad spot.

also understand that drinks will be between 8 and $12, so we usually do the flask or preparty bit.

for a more relaxed feel, there are plenty of dives. or my fav, weilands brewery. house pints for less than 3 bucks every night after 10 pm?!?! what!?!?! $2 garlic fries?!?!?! $3 calamari?!?!?!

pasadena has a good scene also. good variety.a bit of the more upscale spots(le meze, villas[fading]) and then ther is the more laidback spots(35ers).

lots to do in this town. venture outside of hollywood. you wont regret it.

and check YELP!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 05:05 PM

604 posts, read 1,104,819 times
Any good spots in the burbank area by the way?

Old 03-13-2009, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,259 times
If you want to travel a little bit to Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks or Canoga Park I have some great cheaper bars & a Wonderful Italian Restaurant for you to check out. Moderator cut: If you're interested I would be happy to share my Fave's .

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 03-13-2009 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: No commenting on Moderator activity

Old 03-13-2009, 07:34 PM

705 posts, read 2,996,059 times
The hollywood scene is TIGHT. Knoxtown gave you a GREAT list for downtown activity. Many of my friends have been going to the Conga Room at L.A. live since it opened and I hear its a top notch club and very large too. I find it sad that I still havent visited the place but I'll be definately going one of these nights. Basically, L.A. is just filled with stuff to do, especially at night, just go out there and explore.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurekRZA View Post
The hollywood scene is TIGHT. Knoxtown gave you a GREAT list for downtown activity. Many of my friends have been going to the Conga Room at L.A. live since it opened and I hear its a top notch club and very large too. I find it sad that I still havent visited the place but I'll be definately going one of these nights. Basically, L.A. is just filled with stuff to do, especially at night, just go out there and explore.
Conga Room is cool, but its almost too spacious. I never really got comfortable enough to hang out there for too long. It's a neat spot though, check it out.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuch View Post
Any good spots in the burbank area by the way?
Not really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles