U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-19-2015, 09:30 AM
 
822 posts, read 920,874 times
Reputation: 626

Advertisements

Baldwin Hills, Ladera Heights, View Park and Leimert Park still black dominant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-19-2015, 09:32 AM
 
Location: Nashville TN
4,925 posts, read 4,591,739 times
Reputation: 4778
If race doesn't matter when why does every race seem to hate blacks around the world even where I used to live in the Middle East in Jordan everyone hated black people even if they were Muslim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2015, 11:14 AM
 
4,212 posts, read 6,365,171 times
Reputation: 2630
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
If race doesn't matter when why does every race seem to hate blacks around the world even where I used to live in the Middle East in Jordan everyone hated black people even if they were Muslim

Blacks and Jews are the most hated people in the world. Scapegoats for everyone's problems.

Last edited by disgruntled la native; 04-19-2015 at 11:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2015, 05:54 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA (Ladera Heights)
496 posts, read 407,375 times
Reputation: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatAngMoh View Post
Baldwin Hills, Ladera Heights, View Park and Leimert Park still black dominant.
not for long for ladera heights....

ive lived here all my life (im 28) and the only newcomers we see moving into the homes are non-black in the past like 2 years. (Caucasian/asian)

the ralphs in the ladera center tells the tale. that market is completely "integrated" now, whereas the ladera center used to be ONLY black.

times are changing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2015, 06:02 PM
 
822 posts, read 920,874 times
Reputation: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_elise_ View Post
not for long for ladera heights....

ive lived here all my life (im 28) and the only newcomers we see moving into the homes are non-black in the past like 2 years. (Caucasian/asian)

the ralphs in the ladera center tells the tale. that market is completely "integrated" now, whereas the ladera center used to be ONLY black.

times are changing
It's not bad for minority enclaves to exist IMO. Blacks to hold power is righteous. An integrated neighborhood doesn't mean it's better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2015, 06:07 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA (Ladera Heights)
496 posts, read 407,375 times
Reputation: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatAngMoh View Post
It's not bad for minority enclaves to exist IMO. Blacks to hold power is righteous. An integrated neighborhood doesn't mean it's better.
i was just commenting on the changes that face ladera heights.

it has always had older jewish families that "stayed" in ladera, but now it is of no surprise to see caucasion mothers jogging through the neighborhoods with their strollers, etc

the fact is that people are discovering the quaint, nice neighborhood feel that ladera gives, and are more are receptive to moving into a predominately black community, whereas before, others were not.

i welcome everyone though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2015, 11:16 PM
 
Location: Earth
17,449 posts, read 22,959,819 times
Reputation: 7246
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_elise_ View Post
i was just commenting on the changes that face ladera heights.

it has always had older jewish families that "stayed" in ladera, but now it is of no surprise to see caucasion mothers jogging through the neighborhoods with their strollers, etc

the fact is that people are discovering the quaint, nice neighborhood feel that ladera gives, and are more are receptive to moving into a predominately black community, whereas before, others were not.

i welcome everyone though
I know there are some whites in Ladera. I'd thought the percentage of whites in Ladera was more or less comparable to the percentage of blacks in Culver City or Westchester. From your posts it seems like the white population of Ladera is higher than that, and higher than I thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2015, 11:20 PM
 
Location: West Hollywood, CA
484 posts, read 452,111 times
Reputation: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I know there are some whites in Ladera. I'd thought the percentage of whites in Ladera was more or less comparable to the percentage of blacks in Culver City or Westchester. From your posts it seems like the white population of Ladera is higher than that, and higher than I thought.
It was 19% in 2000, I'm sure it much higher now though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2015, 11:26 PM
Status: "Certified Victim™ who walked away" (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: Laguna Niguel, Orange County CA
9,111 posts, read 6,777,645 times
Reputation: 7047
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_elise_ View Post
i was just commenting on the changes that face ladera heights.

it has always had older jewish families that "stayed" in ladera, but now it is of no surprise to see caucasion mothers jogging through the neighborhoods with their strollers, etc

the fact is that people are discovering the quaint, nice neighborhood feel that ladera gives, and are more are receptive to moving into a predominately black community, whereas before, others were not.

i welcome everyone though
This is how all people should be and maybe, just maybe, this tribalism/racism crap will die once and for all. Stuff like this has to end: Black family flees O.C. city after tires slashed, racial taunts | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2015, 12:50 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA (Ladera Heights)
496 posts, read 407,375 times
Reputation: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I know there are some whites in Ladera. I'd thought the percentage of whites in Ladera was more or less comparable to the percentage of blacks in Culver City or Westchester. From your posts it seems like the white population of Ladera is higher than that, and higher than I thought.
yea, we have noticed an increase in the about the past 2 years or so

A racially mixed married couple moved into the house across the street from us. The husband is black and the wife is Caucasian. Two houses down from that house is another mixed couple (Caucasian husband and asian wife) The house down the street from that houses a Caucasian family with young children.

But yes, the diversity is just more visible now. The most it has ever been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top