Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:32 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,074,595 times

Advertisements

My beach when I was young was always Malibu (I lived 20 minutes away). It was just a quick and easy beautiful drive down Kanan Rd.
Then about 6 years ago we bought a oceanfront home in Oxnard on "Hollywood Beach". That was a wonderful experience. Seeing whales and dolphins while sitting in your home eating dinner. But we sold and retired and moved out of state.
Now we are planning on moving back to California and we are looking at the Laguna Beach/Dana Point/Laguna Niguel area. I will be going there in about 3 weeks to look at homes and see if it is even possible to get a great a NICE ocean view home in our price range. ($$$$ It used to buy us oceanfront 6 years ago but now we are begging just for a ocean view, times and prices have changed quite a bit). There are several ocean view homes in our price range but we are looking for as nice of home possible. (so is everyone else). LOL
Wish us luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 11:14 AM

196 posts, read 1,234,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
My beach when I was young was always Malibu (I lived 20 minutes away). It was just a quick and easy beautiful drive down Kanan Rd.
Then about 6 years ago we bought a oceanfront home in Oxnard on "Hollywood Beach". That was a wonderful experience. Seeing whales and dolphins while sitting in your home eating dinner. But we sold and retired and moved out of state.
Now we are planning on moving back to California and we are looking at the Laguna Beach/Dana Point/Laguna Niguel area. I will be going there in about 3 weeks to look at homes and see if it is even possible to get a great a NICE ocean view home in our price range. ($$$$ It used to buy us oceanfront 6 years ago but now we are begging just for a ocean view, times and prices have changed quite a bit). There are several ocean view homes in our price range but we are looking for as nice of home possible. (so is everyone else). LOL
Wish us luck!
Did you live in Agoura Hills? You should relocated again there, avoid Southern OC is far to anything, I personally would relocated to Calabasas, Agoura or Westlake Village if i had family and need a large house, if not in Santa Monica, Westwood or Pacific Palisades in a smaller one.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:28 AM

Hi Miracle,

No we did not live in Agoura but we did live in Thousand Oaks and Westlake Village.

I love all those areas you mentioned in your post from Calabasas, Agoura and Westlake Village. But we are looking for a ocean view home. (I grew up in these areas).

Miracle, why are you saying to avoid southern OC? We do not have children and we are retired. We are looking for a wonderful place to live with a great ocean view. A place with shopping and activities to boot. So please tell.

Thanks!

Old 03-27-2007, 11:30 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,452,130 times
1st street in Manhattan Beach or Pier in Manhattan Beach.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:27 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,043,495 times
Default Secluded and rustic

The Rincon or Mandalay/McGrath

Old 04-16-2007, 05:37 AM

82 posts, read 521,004 times
Default L.A. Beaches work for me.

I use a free program from wxtide32.com that shows me exactly when the tide is lowest tomorrow and any day in the future at most any beach in the world. I find that is the best time take a barefoot walk along and through the water. I walk/run two miles a day at low tide.
Crowded enough here already, so I'll only say I live so close to the water that the heavier waves shake my windows.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithns View Post
I use a free program from wxtide32.com that shows me exactly when the tide is lowest tomorrow and any day in the future at most any beach in the world. I find that is the best time take a barefoot walk along and through the water. I walk/run two miles a day at low tide.
Crowded enough here already, so I'll only say I live so close to the water that the heavier waves shake my windows.
You sound like you live oceanfront? I used to live oceanfront in Oxnard.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:46 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,452,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer68 View Post
Redondo Beach, Avenue C.
Yeah it's nice but no waves in the summer, and it's not the greatest sand. If you care about that kinda stuff.

2nd Street Manhattan Beach

Old 04-16-2007, 10:47 AM

196 posts, read 1,234,714 times
Quote:
Hi Miracle,

No we did not live in Agoura but we did live in Thousand Oaks and Westlake Village.

I love all those areas you mentioned in your post from Calabasas, Agoura and Westlake Village. But we are looking for a ocean view home. (I grew up in these areas).

Miracle, why are you saying to avoid southern OC? We do not have children and we are retired. We are looking for a wonderful place to live with a great ocean view. A place with shopping and activities to boot. So please tell.

Thanks!

I you are retired maybe Southern OC could be a good place, in my opinion is very overated and very expensive bein a distat place to a major urban city as San Diego or Los Angeles but still worth it for those who dont want an urban environment, I talk about Southern OC not being a good idea for those who live there cos they want a LA beach/hills way of life but cant afford it, if you want only an OC way of life, that actually is a SoCal way of life so try places as Laguna Beach or Dana Point....but in my opinion there are many places less expensive if you dont want to be close to LA as Southern OC is, try Ventura City, or Santa Barbara county if you really want a SoCal way of life far from LA and SanDi urban cores, in any case places such as Laguna or other OC beach cities are the destiny of those crows that get the beaches from the Inland Empire and inner OC areas, even from Los Angeles County.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:28 PM

82 posts, read 521,004 times
Quote:
You sound like you live oceanfront? I used to live oceanfront in Oxnard.
Not "oceanfront", its about 4 doors down the street. I can hear the waves real well at night time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles