U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 12:16 PM

7 posts, read 33,129 times

Advertisements

hello,
I am going to LA in the summer with 2 friends, we are 19 years old, and want to know if we will be able to get into nightclubs.
I know that at most places you must be 21 years old in order to get inside, but I heared that their also clubs for our ages...

thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 12:21 PM

7,091 posts, read 18,414,084 times
there are a few, but not many. the old palace used to 18+, i believe its call avalon now. I've also heard that the highlands club is 18+. the real good spots are all 21+ though.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:39 PM

1,204 posts, read 3,908,765 times
LA is not really an under 21 town.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:40 PM

26,346 posts, read 80,739,113 times
Fake IDs?

There used to be a place in La Habra called Good Time Phosters. This was in the late 1970s, when I was under 21.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:37 PM

2,498 posts, read 10,073,472 times
KIIS FM has a 18 and older club in Hollywood.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:28 PM

2,870 posts, read 4,457,132 times
For regular under 21 admittance you're limited to the usual suspects, like House of Blues or Knitting Factory. But a lot of the clubs have specific 18+ nights during the week, or special event nights. I think the Echo does. Maybe Spaceland too? I think there's actually a lot of options; it's just been so long since I've had to worry about it! Pick up the LA Weekly when you're in town; I'm pretty sure the clubs' print ads post age restrictions for any particular gig. I know my nieces go to a place in West Hollywood--is it Rage?--for DJ'ing and it's a more mellow night (not too high energy, I think more ambient (and generally you've gotta be gay friendly)).

In sum, it's mostly a 21+ town. Regular underage clubs are slim pickings, but certain days at certain clubs all around the area allow 18+, so it becomes a matter of your own music/DJ/atmosphere predilections.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:31 PM

705 posts, read 2,995,056 times
Theres SEVERAL clubs around L.A. that are 18 and over. Do some research. Many clubs that are 21+ host 18+ events sometimes.
DV8
Element
Cinespace are all 18+ in Hollywood from the top of my head.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:59 PM

85 posts, read 154,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjee View Post
For regular under 21 admittance you're limited to the usual suspects, like House of Blues or Knitting Factory. But a lot of the clubs have specific 18+ nights during the week, or special event nights. I think the Echo does. Maybe Spaceland too? I think there's actually a lot of options; it's just been so long since I've had to worry about it! Pick up the LA Weekly when you're in town; I'm pretty sure the clubs' print ads post age restrictions for any particular gig. I know my nieces go to a place in West Hollywood--is it Rage?--for DJ'ing and it's a more mellow night (not too high energy, I think more ambient (and generally you've gotta be gay friendly)).

In sum, it's mostly a 21+ town. Regular underage clubs are slim pickings, but certain days at certain clubs all around the area allow 18+, so it becomes a matter of your own music/DJ/atmosphere predilections.

Just so the original poster knows, while I have heard nothing but good things about Rage, I am almost sure its a gay club. Nothing wrong with it. But I dont know if the original poster is gay.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:09 PM

2,870 posts, read 4,457,132 times
Yeah, I know Rage is gay, but I can't remember where my nieces used to go. Maybe that's not the name. It could be Spundae instead. In fact, I think that's what it is, actually. Sorry! I know it was in West Hollywood and all I could think of was Rage because I know they've got an 18+ night too and that it attracts not only a gay crowd. (So Rage is still on the table, provided that's understood...) And, again, you'll have to confirm the night you want to attend is 18+.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:43 PM

85 posts, read 154,652 times
As I understand it (and as sad as it is since I am moving to the West LA area soon), the clubs in West Hollywood are either really lame, or highly expensive and exclusive. As for gay clubs, the only places that have been recommended to me are Rage and The Abbey. But even then, I hear The Abbey is pricey. And that straight clubs, its "happening" at Hyde Lounge and Area. However, there it is either $25 drinks and standing room, or bottle service with a table (which at the least is $300 a bottle). Thats all if you can get through the door.

So yeah, its going to be rough when it comes to mainstream entertainment industry networking and finding friends / dates. But if its this rough and Im over 21, I cant imagine how hard it would be for a much younger individual. Like we said, Rage catters to a young crowd, but maybe your best bet is to get a fake ID and / or just make friends with Hollywood promoters and DJs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles