Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgyal View Post
1. My budget for a studio apt is $950. Whats a 50 difference? like someone else said on CL there is very nice looking apts/studios ranging from 800-1000. I have even seen some nice ones for 750. Who said i didn't believe that? Again, I live in Harlem, NY. I pay $950 for a studio in a decent nieghborhood undergoing gentrification. If i can find an apt in NYC for that much, it will be a piece of cake doing so in LA.

Read the links that I sent you. NY is 10 times more expensive then LA. Look at how NYC compares on a world level. LA isn't on the list.

2. Keyword: WAS. LA was one of the worst real estate markets in the US. if you read the article, FORBES CLEARLY STATE THAT LA IS THE 9TH BEST HOUSING MARKET AS OF FEB 2009. I TRUST THEIR OPINION OVER YOURS. Whats your point? I don't want to buy a house in LA, i just want an apt.

3. I'm not begging you for an answer. Other ppl are helping me out, so if you don't wont to answer, feel free to move on.
A bad real estate market is a relative statement: yes, bad as in houses 2 years ago that were selling for a mil are not 400,000, still about 200 overpriced comapred to many areas and a bad market does not mean a bad rental market.. It is obviously you are going to re-locate, good for you. I predict you visit in a few weeks, you decide to move and you either do not come back on here to tell us your impression of the area or you tell us what you want us to believe. All I can say is, good luck!!!!

Nita

Old 04-06-2009, 04:58 PM

56 posts, read 120,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
A bad real estate market is a relative statement: yes, bad as in houses 2 years ago that were selling for a mil are not 400,000, still about 200 overpriced comapred to many areas and a bad market does not mean a bad rental market.. It is obviously you are going to re-locate, good for you. I predict you visit in a few weeks, you decide to move and you either do not come back on here to tell us your impression of the area or you tell us what you want us to believe. All I can say is, good luck!!!!

Nita
Why you think i won't come back and tell you about my experience? Why do you believe that i will post what you want to hear? YOUR PREDICTION IS JUST DOWNRIGHT SILLY! You can't predict what i will do, because you don't know me. I'm in the real estate industry... Trust me i know about that. Fl has a horrible market as well. However the LA market is improving. Who doesn't know that a bad housing market doesnt equal a bad rental market???

amazing because i'm not scared or shook, posters think they can make a prediction about me. hahaha! lol.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:05 PM

Real Talk:

I'm getting emails from ppl congratulating me! lol, apparently young aspiring model/actresses get bashed all the time. lol apparently posters try to shock/scare/overexaggerate about the crime/prices/ etc. lol, you know how many emails i got? I'm not surprised, like i said i know how to survive and stand up for myself.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:08 PM

749 posts, read 1,789,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
Ahhh.....To be 24 again. Remember those days Nita? If only I would have listened to the wise more experienced ones. But no; at 24 I knew WAY more than they did. What did they know anyway? Some just have to learn by their mistakes and hope they lick their wounds and learn from them.

I hope this one all the luck in the world; but I can see many problems ahead. Especially renting one of those apt.'s in the $750 to $850 range. And especially being a female.

I hope the advice given here is taken seriously.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueyedCat View Post
Ahhh.....To be 24 again. Remember those days Nita? If only I would have listened to the wise more experienced ones. But no; at 24 I knew WAY more than they did. What did they know anyway? Some just have to learn by their mistakes and hope they lick their wounds and learn from them.

I hope this one all the luck in the world; but I can see many problems ahead. Especially renting one of those apt.'s in the $750 to $850 range. And especially being a female.

I hope the advice given here is taken seriously.
Silverlakes, Koreatown, is bad areas? Isn't it somewhat comparable to Harlem NY? I said i can spend up to 950 so don't twist and spin.

I'm pretty sure i'd rather be there then in North Philly "the bad lands/ US murder capital" or Kingston "world murder capital"

I know i don't have a beverly hills budget, but i have the average person budget.

NEXT!!!

Last edited by badgyal; 04-06-2009 at 05:25 PM..

Old 04-06-2009, 05:27 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,286,861 times
Where's my popcorn, this thread is like a movie now.

You do have us all right though. We are here just to scare, shock everyone out of our town!

All of us old aspiring actors who never made it are just jealous of your worldliness. Oh how I wish I would have gotten chosen to be in movies!

This thread is beyond ridiculous.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster2008 View Post

You do have us all right though. We are here just to scare, shock everyone out of our town!

All of us old aspiring actors who never made it are just jealous of your worldliness. Oh how I wish I would have gotten chosen to be in movies!

Its not ridiculous, you know how many pm's i got from ppl that feel the same way as me? They congratulating me for standing up for myself. One person said they been reading the forum for weeks, but didn't want to post because they see the usual reaction! Get your popcorn, for the "movie"

NEXT!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster2008 View Post

LOL. Mind sharing your popcorn with me? I just shook my head at her replies and especially when she states "NEXT". You know; I woke up this morning trying to think of a way I could make someone change their minds about moving somewhere.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgyal View Post
Its not ridiculous, you know how many pm's i got from ppl that feel the same way as me? They congratulating me for standing up for myself. One person said they been reading the forum for weeks, but didn't want to post because they see the usual reaction! Get your popcorn, for the "movie"

NEXT!!!
Oh that's good that your getting help from people sending you DM's. I wouldn't even bother with this thread anymore sinse your not getting the help you were looking for.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueyedCat View Post
LOL. Mind sharing your popcorn with me? I just shook my head at her replies and especially when she states "NEXT". You know; I woke up this morning trying to think of a way I could make someone change their minds about moving somewhere.
lol more lame "popcorn" responses. I'm not saying you did, but obviously i'm not the only one that recognizes the shock/exaggeration posts.

Why didn't you respond to my post? Is silverlake and koreatown considered bad nabes to you? is it comparable to harlem? Would you rather live there or in Kingston or philly?

Typical city data poster tactic. Whenever they can't answer my question they twist, spin, and make a sarcastic comment.

NEXT!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles