Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 12:29 AM

2,960 posts, read 3,527,618 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have Pictures of Walnut, Diamond Bar, Rowland Heights, and Hacienda Heights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 10:53 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,301,938 times
If you pay me a couple $$$ I'll go out there this weekend and take some pictures for you.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:55 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
Just picture generic tract houses in a hilly area with all the store signs written in Chinese.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:25 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Just picture generic tract houses in a hilly area with all the store signs written in Chinese.
You are incorrigible

Old 04-03-2009, 08:06 PM

359 posts, read 1,312,240 times
Default All good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-towner View Post
does anyone have pictures of walnut, diamond bar, rowland heights, and hacienda heights
well i have lived in all four places and loved them all in this order:

Hacienda heights
walnut
diamond bar
rowland heights

and i would guess rowland heights would be at the bottom of anyone's list.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:46 PM

1,542 posts, read 6,038,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthursChoice View Post
well i have lived in all four places and loved them all in this order:

Hacienda heights
walnut
diamond bar
rowland heights

and i would guess rowland heights would be at the bottom of anyone's list.
other than a brief trip through hacienda heights and rowland heights, i really haven't seen much of this area of the sgv. so i don't know much about these towns other than the fact that they have a huge population of asians (especially chinese).

in your estimation, what features put hacienda heights at the top? and why would rowland heights be at the bottom of most people's lists? just curious, b/c from my extremely limited time in those two towns, i didn't notice that much of a difference. they seemed pretty middle-class for the most part. lots of chinese strip malls. i heard there are some expensive homes in the hills, but i didn't see those for myself.

Old 04-05-2009, 07:08 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,367,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Does anyone have Pictures of Walnut, Diamond Bar, Rowland Heights, and Hacienda Heights
Just go to Google map and use street view if you want to see the houses.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:22 PM

72,407 posts, read 18,196,480 times
I have pictures of the Hacienda Heights Temple,lots of them,if you want to see them,I need to find it in one of my threads,I also have the attachments. let me know if you want to see them. There are too many!

I wonder if I can put those pic from the attachements to the photo album?

Old 04-05-2009, 10:07 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergen View Post
other than a brief trip through hacienda heights and rowland heights, i really haven't seen much of this area of the sgv. so i don't know much about these towns other than the fact that they have a huge population of asians (especially chinese).

in your estimation, what features put hacienda heights at the top? and why would rowland heights be at the bottom of most people's lists? just curious, b/c from my extremely limited time in those two towns, i didn't notice that much of a difference. they seemed pretty middle-class for the most part. lots of chinese strip malls. i heard there are some expensive homes in the hills, but i didn't see those for myself.

Yea, people don't talk much about these city's but that's ok with me because it's like a hidden oasis. IF I EVER MOVE back to Cali Diamond bar would be the city of choice for me.

Anyhow all of these city's are MY old stomping grounds and I know lots of business owners/homeowners in this area! Up until I moved out of Cali I lived in Diamond bar where my bedroom window had a nice view of the large homes in "The Country". Gosh, I do miss that beautiful view!!

But yea, the million dollar+ homes are off Diamond Bar boulevard, some of the areas are gated but you can still get in if there is no guard shack, but if there is a guard shack like at "The Country" then your not getting in unless you know somebody. The gated community's that I got in, just so I could see the homes, were BREATHTAKING! It's just so beautiful and the streets are so clean! You just say to yourself; wow people live like this?

As far as Hacienda heights respectively, I don't agree that it should be at the top of the list, don't get me wrong, there are some nice homes and clean neighborhoods but the problem is that it borders City of Industry which is full of industrial plants (including a where they shoot McDonald's commercials) all the way to massage parlors that front for prostitution as well as strip clubs. La Puente is another bordering city and you can immediately notice the difference becasue the people who live in La Puente don't care about there homes/lawns and neighborhoods in the way that Walnut or Diamond Bar does.

Now there is one little area that you NEED to avoid and I'm not sure if it's Hacienda heights or Rowland Heights but there is a street called Batson ave off Colima and Fullerton road; well this area is pretty dirty to be frank and I have heard of problems coming from the people who live in the apartments in that area.

Anyhow, I could not resist throwing this out there but the mall not to far from Colima and Fullerton that I just told you about is called the Puente hills mall which was in featured in Back to the Future the movie in the late 80's.

http://www.filminamerica.com/Movies/...-pine-mall.jpg

Lastly, about the Asians I have NEVER had a problem and due to the fact that I'm black that should give you a clear indication that there should not be any problems with you. More or less, your only at an advantage when you live in a Asian community becasue they are serious about there education, they work hard and provide for there family's, and they take care of there community's. They seem to have taken the American dream to a whole other level. I was honored to do business and become friends with many of the Asians.

Last edited by Morphous01; 04-05-2009 at 10:40 PM..

Old 04-06-2009, 11:36 AM

72,407 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Walnut and surrounding areas are very new.A lot of Asians are from Taiwan,Hong Kong,China,Singapore,Malasia,Korea. The Schools are at it's best.
Hacienda Heights have Very Expensive Homes rght on the Hills where the Temple is at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles