U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2010, 11:32 AM

2,739 posts, read 4,085,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvlp View Post
LOL
Jealousy? of what?

I find nothing redeeming or wonderful about LA
I cannot think of one good memory I have of the area
My memories revolve around traffic, traffic, and yes more traffic.

I know people who love it but not me.
It's true, you people are jealous. LA is where movies and tv shows are produced. To say that you've never watched a tv show or movie produced in LA, would just make you sound delusional. The world looks to us and many people are pissed because you/they are not IT! Insult to injury...Angelenos really don't care.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:39 AM

4,811 posts, read 8,571,739 times
Everybody is jealous of California in general. People hate the whole state who have never even been here. It's pathetic really.

As far as LA, people just hate on it like everyone has said, out of jealousy.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:47 AM

137 posts, read 292,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
It's true, you people are jealous. LA is where movies and tv shows are produced. To say that you've never watched a tv show or movie produced in LA, would just make you sound delusional. The world looks to us and many people are pissed because you/they are not IT! Insult to injury...Angelenos really don't care.

I am ROFL
really?
Your line of thinking makes me want to become a psychologist to figure out how your thought process works.

I live in San Diego. I actually know a few actors and I totally do not get what you are saying.
Movies and tv shows are produced in a lot of places. That doesn't make me want to live there.
or be jealous because I don't live there.

Insult to injury....I don't care either.

haha

have a great day!

Old 10-17-2010, 11:50 AM

4,811 posts, read 8,571,739 times
Here in San Diego, there are many Anti-LA people, but there are many people who like LA here too.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I live in San Diego. I actually know a few actors and I totally do not get what you are saying.
Movies and tv shows are produced in a lot of places. That doesn't make me want to live there.
or be jealous because I don't live there.

Insult to injury....I don't care either.
You do care. The fact that you are reading and replying in the LA forum is proof. You don't see me in the San Diego forum. Why? Because I don't NEED San Diego. It's usually a 1 way relationship between LA and other cities--that's why all the hate/bitterness.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:22 PM

425 posts, read 836,443 times
sure San Diego has the best weather in the nation, and L.A. is home to the entertainment industry....but NYC is the center of the universe!

of course I jest.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:35 PM

137 posts, read 292,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
You do care. The fact that you are reading and replying in the LA forum is proof. You don't see me in the San Diego forum. Why? Because I don't NEED San Diego. It's usually a 1 way relationship between LA and other cities--that's why all the hate/bitterness.
haha you guys crack me up!
I didn't even know it was the L.A. forum. I was just on the front page with all the states and the headline for all of CA was why do you hate LA or somesuch so I was curious.

More and more San Diego seems like it is becoming L.A. and I really don't like that.
Am hoping to leave CA (I am sure much to you Californians delight) soon!

It's been fun.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:40 PM

1,684 posts, read 2,093,792 times
I moved away, though still in the State. No regrets. Yeah, I miss some of the dining options but tasty food alone isn't (or at least shouldn't) have enough clout to outweigh the horrendous traffic, crowds, cost of living, and so on and so forth.

Hey. I've visited New York City. Many times. I enjoyed it. Staten Island-particularly the southeastern third of it-is absolutely gorgeous and scenic. Or at least was last time I was there in 2003.

But I'd never want to live there.

Old 10-17-2010, 09:50 PM

425 posts, read 836,443 times
Yeah, i'm a life long New Yorker and am thinking of heading out west. There are alot of hidden gems in the outer boroughs. Broad Channel & The Rockaways out in Queens are so different from the city and it's a nice relaxing alternative then the hussel and bustle of the city and the trendy areas of Brooklyn. I currently live in Brooklyn, which is really nice

Old 10-18-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
haha you guys crack me up!
I didn't even know it was the L.A. forum. I was just on the front page with all the states and the headline for all of CA was why do you hate LA or somesuch so I was curious.

More and more San Diego seems like it is becoming L.A. and I really don't like that.
Am hoping to leave CA (I am sure much to you Californians delight) soon!

It's been fun.

Don't let the door hit ya! There's too many people in California, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles