Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2007, 11:05 AM

989 posts, read 5,925,035 times

Advertisements

LA Times, Today, 4/5/2007

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-gangs5apr05,0,4405847.story?coll=la-home-headlines (broken link)

Good news guys..

"City Atty. Rocky Delgadillo and L.A. County Dist. Atty. Steve Cooley said they are partnering more closely with federal immigration officials and attorneys to identify the gang members for deportation, adding that illegal immigrants appear to make up a significant portion of the gang population."
"Los Angeles Police Chief William J. Bratton reiterated Wednesday that he opposes any change in the department's immigration policy, known as Special Order 40, which prohibits officers from asking anyone about their immigration status."
""They cooperate with federal authorities on every other issue. Why shouldn't they do it on immigration," said Diana Hull, president of Californians for Population Stabilization."...

PLEASE ADD YOUR VOTE TO THE POLL..
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-gangs5apr05,0,4405847.story?coll=la-home-headlines (broken link)

By Saying, "Yes." -You support the District Att. plan to deport illegal gang members.
(so far, results: 60.9% Yes. 12.8% No, 156 responses. )

Last edited by newportbeachsmostwanted; 04-05-2007 at 11:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 11:35 AM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,481 times
Aww, it all sounds so perfect. But I dont think any that great will ever happen. The southside mexicans run the streets and gangs overall are running the streets with corrupt politicians and government agents in their back pockets. I think this is just to make a lil dent for publicity. If they wanted to really do something, they would.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:48 AM

1. If the city wants status quo violence they can continue to advance the same paths as before.
2. If the city wants to go somewhere they've never been before, they need to be willing to try new things. Things they have never tried before.

Let's make L.A. safer than it's ever been before!

It's a policy, like this, that could quicky turn the direction of this city around. It's controversial moves, like this, that have historically shown to make the largest impacts. All of us need to show our support for the district attorney NOW!

ADDRESSES:

Chief of Police William Bratton
Los Angeles Police Department
Parker Center
150 North Los Angeles Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
USA
F: (213) 847-0676
Email: lapdonline@earthlink.net
Salutation: Dear Chief Bratton

Mayor Antonio R. Villaraigosa
City Hall
200 N Spring St,
Los Angeles, CA 90012
USA
F: (213) 978-0750
Email : mayor@lacity.org
Salutation : Dear Mayor Villaraigosa

Old 04-05-2007, 01:01 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post

"City Atty. Rocky Delgadillo and L.A. County Dist. Atty. Steve Cooley said they are partnering more closely with federal immigration officials and attorneys to identify the gang members for deportation, adding that illegal immigrants appear to make up a significant portion of the gang population."
And how will deportation inhibit these gang members from returning two days later?

Old 04-05-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
And how will deportation inhibit these gang members from returning two days later?
Do you support these criminals?

If so, how will deporation NOT be any better than re-releasing them into the streets of L.A.? Give the fed's another reason to hunt them down,. Trust me, researching immigration status is very important. I don't understand your logic.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:47 PM

196 posts, read 1,237,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post

Good news guys..

"Los Angeles Police Chief William J. Bratton reiterated Wednesday that he opposes any change in the department's immigration policy, known as Special Order 40, which prohibits officers from asking anyone about their immigration status."
""They cooperate with federal authorities on every other issue. Why shouldn't they do it on immigration," said Diana Hull, president of Californians for Population Stabilization."...

PLEASE ADD YOUR VOTE TO THE POLL..

By Saying, "Yes." -You support the District Att. plan to deport illegal gang members.
(so far, results: 60.9% Yes. 12.8% No, 156 responses. )
I was thought that those living in South-Central and killing there since years were american and not illegals.....I support the Distrcit Att. plan to deport illegals if they are gang members or if they arent, but I think this is a dark plan trying to avoid the real issue of crime in this city, a long years ago problem, I think not directly related to mexicans living here but with the poverty in the hoods, black, latinos, asians....., are we deporting everyone, if they are american also?? Was South-Central safer when it was 90% black??

Old 04-05-2007, 07:43 PM

652 posts, read 2,804,161 times
Just voted.

We need modern day gangbusters to clear out the corruption which has transformed Los Angeles into an alien criminal haven.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:00 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,874,797 times
L.A is a World Class City,but Gangs and Grafitti has tarnished that image :-(

L.A is capable of getting rid of most of the Gang Problem and Grafitti,but it's going to take everyone's Cooperation and Support.

I have lots of hope in improving L.A and for it to become a much Safer and Cleaner place.

Don't give up on L.A !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles