Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 07:23 PM

13 posts, read 32,575 times

Advertisements

Can't resist weighing in. Just enjoyed In and Out today and found this old thread. We (Californians) do love our In and Out. It's priced fairly. The menu is uncomplicated and consistent and tastes much better than the big chain fast food probably because they use fresh food (never frozen). The service is always great--every employee is cheerful, helpful and enthusiastic. And the place is immaculately clean. We know it's not gourmet--we have a ton of that too of course. BUt for what it is, it's just about perfect.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:28 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,563,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
with troll droppings.
Which is also the secret sauce at Five Guys.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:31 PM

146 posts, read 306,394 times
Never ate at an " In n Out" as yet. None in Fl that I know of/ I did eat at " Carl's" in Renton, Wa and thought it great food for the price. I also prefer Burger King over McDonald's

Old 06-08-2012, 11:40 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
I think that In N Out is great. I have read a few threads here on City Data that have been critical of IN N OUT - the one that comes to mind was on the Salt Lake City forum. Apparently, some of our Utah brethren(and sisters) weren't too impressed with In N Out's arrival in their valley. You will learn by reading some of the Salt Lake threads that the area has quite an established burger joint cult following(I did not use cult as a Mormon reference!) so maybe they are just spoiled and don't know the good stuff when they bite into it!

Old 06-08-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammyR View Post
Never ate at an " In n Out" as yet. None in Fl that I know of/ I did eat at " Carl's" in Renton, Wa and thought it great food for the price. I also prefer Burger King over McDonald's
If it goes all over the place - it doesn't go anywhere near my face.

I prefer Dick's when I am near Seattle.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:57 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

I prefer Dick's when I am near Seattle.
This, boys and girls, exemplifies the importance of diligent application of the apostrophe, as well as capitalization of proper nouns.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:00 AM

1,472 posts, read 3,546,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
This, boys and girls, exemplifies the importance of diligent application of the apostrophe, as well as capitalization of proper nouns.
Is there a thread award for best off topic comment?

Old 06-09-2012, 12:16 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:
Awesome, lol

Old 06-09-2012, 02:52 AM

Quote:
And just how, exactly, did I misuse the apostrophe - or not capitalize a proper noun?

Old 06-09-2012, 08:38 AM

28,100 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I think that In N Out is great. I have read a few threads here on City Data that have been critical of IN N OUT - the one that comes to mind was on the Salt Lake City forum. Apparently, some of our Utah brethren(and sisters) weren't too impressed with In N Out's arrival in their valley. You will learn by reading some of the Salt Lake threads that the area has quite an established burger joint cult following(I did not use cult as a Mormon reference!) so maybe they are just spoiled and don't know the good stuff when they bite into it!
The only time I've eaten at an In N Out was in California. A bunch of us had just flown in and were on our way to a friend's beach house at San Juan Capistrano. It was night (I can't remember what time it was, but it was dark). We were driving and someone spotted an In N Out. Everybody got all excited, since we didn't have one in Salt Lake City at the time. We went in for a quick bite and I've never been so disappointed in a place in my life. I honestly can't even remember the food! But the place was crowded and the trash cans were overflowing onto the floor. We couldn't find a table that didn't have spills all over it. It was a really negative experience for me. I haven't even been in the one in Salt Lake because of my first impression. Maybe I'll have to at least try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles