Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 06:37 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,287,525 times

Advertisements

And then there's the people who complain about being broke but have a cellphone with unlimited internet, texts and minutes. Those plans run $100 and up. I miss the old days! Stupid technology!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 08:44 PM

1,253 posts, read 2,945,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster2008 View Post
And then there's the people who complain about being broke but have a cellphone with unlimited internet, texts and minutes. Those plans run $100 and up. I miss the old days! Stupid technology!

THANK YOU! and these are the same people who complain about how bad the economy is and how they're suffering. Yeah it's so bad yet recently you just purchased the new iphone with all these effing apps!

Old 05-26-2009, 09:07 PM

230 posts, read 599,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Punk View Post
I don't understand why with such good weather people stubbornly keep driving their big cars and suvs. If I lived in a warmer place I would get myself a mo'ped.
I'm trying to picture the 5 Freeway filled with nothing but mopeds and 18-wheelers.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:44 PM

530 posts, read 1,130,743 times
rent control, section 08, wick or is it wic, food stamps, that is what I have noticed. I am a landlord and that is what I see in my building. And when I am there working I always ask myself: "do any of my tenants work, how come they are all at home and not at work?".

Old 05-26-2009, 11:04 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,637,932 times
Quote:
I can't believe how people consider TV a necessity. I've been living without a TV for years and don't miss at all the junk that's being broadcasted. Internet is a necessity nowadays, especially to find jobs.
Yes, as a source of entertainment and information, I do believe that a tv is a necessity in the modern age. You actually begrudge people their televisions? You do realize we're talking 60-year-old technology, right? I guess we shouldn't have refrigerators, either? Would an icebox with weekly ice delivery be acceptable to you, or should I just salt or pickle all my food, and keep it in the cellar?

Old 05-26-2009, 11:53 PM

80 posts, read 237,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
Yes, as a source of entertainment and information, I do believe that a tv is a necessity in the modern age. You actually begrudge people their televisions? You do realize we're talking 60-year-old technology, right? I guess we shouldn't have refrigerators, either? Would an icebox with weekly ice delivery be acceptable to you, or should I just salt or pickle all my food, and keep it in the cellar?

the TV is slowly decaying, I can watch anything I want over the internet, read the news, shows, and it's updated in real time and don't have to wait for the news to come on. I can also listen to any music I want.
So according to your train of thoughts, why aren't you using the telegraph to post on this forum?

Old 05-27-2009, 12:24 AM

1,012 posts, read 2,560,068 times
Quote:
so I am trying to be realistic. Some entry positions in the game industry pay $10/12/hr in the LA area. I live a frugal life: always eat home made meals, I bike a lot, no extra expenses besides a concert ticket once in a while and money for gas and rent.

what areas could I afford for a decent living? I'd like to live in a safe area, I don't need anything fancy or too big. I could share a 2br apartment or 1br eventually.

I am just curios how people with entry position jobs deal with the high cost of living and little paycheck.

I know it's a general question and LA is huge but maybe there are other people on this board who make little money.

thanks
Good luck with that one. All of your money will probably go towards your rent and utilities with nothing left. L.A and anywhere in CA is not an area to live on $12 an hour. However, having a roomate or two will help.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
the TV is slowly decaying, I can watch anything I want over the internet, read the news, shows, and it's updated in real time and don't have to wait for the news to come on. I can also listen to any music I want.
So according to your train of thoughts, why aren't you using the telegraph to post on this forum?
Of course you can watch via the net, but most of us would like to see something a little larger, not to mention sit in an easy chair or one the couch.

Nita

Old 05-27-2009, 11:02 AM

1,084 posts, read 3,287,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Of course you can watch via the net, but most of us would like to see something a little larger, not to mention sit in an easy chair or one the couch.

Nita
You can easily hook up the pc to the large screen tv nowadays and only pay for internet and not cable

Old 10-25-2009, 11:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,593 times
I live in an RV. I have 3 right now. I'm 24 SAG Actor and very good looking.Not a social out cast and could affrod to live with roomates.The only thing that could ever get me out of my RV'S would be a having a family. No amount of money or angry nighbors will ever change the way I live.If I had more money I would just do it at a higher level.Proubley do more traveling than I do now.I'd sleep on the streets before I looked for roomates.(I would be looking for an RV) I live in an RV suck up the free WIFI and run on solar power.Live from silverlake sunset JunctionRead more: [url]http://www.city-data.com/forum/los-angeles/647106-10-hr-where-how-do-you.html#ixzz1gAQtJdCw[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles