U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 04:40 PM

3,441 posts, read 4,731,374 times
Default Cheap Fictitious Business Name (DBA) Registration

Does anybody know of a company in L.A that has the cheep price to run adds in the paper for a fictitious business name?

Right now I'm looking at 90 bucks just to run a fictitious business name!! Can you do this online now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 04:46 PM

11,728 posts, read 22,949,248 times
The county requires that it be published I believe 4 times in a general circulation newspaper. They should have given you a list of qualifying newspapers. Call around until you find the cheapest one. It'll probably be some small paper you've never heard of but as long as the county clerk approved it, it'll work.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:34 PM

3,441 posts, read 4,731,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
The county requires that it be published I believe 4 times in a general circulation newspaper. They should have given you a list of qualifying newspapers. Call around until you find the cheapest one. It'll probably be some small paper you've never heard of but as long as the county clerk approved it, it'll work.
Thanks

Old 05-19-2009, 06:40 PM

9,814 posts, read 12,419,536 times
Check the Hispanic papers also, or some other language. First you better check if that satisfies the regulation. I think that my brother did it and Ventura County was OK with it. I do understand the goal to keep cost's down, but $90 seems like a deal to me. Good luck in your new venture.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:07 PM

274 posts, read 577,845 times
Yes!

Go to the "OBSERVER" Newspaper in Culver City 4346 Sepulveda Blvd/310 398-6397.
Total cost file & publish is approx $59-69.00 for a single name, and may be $76.00 for two.

They publish weekly on Thursday.

Ask for Shephen Hedland.

Good luck!

Old 08-17-2009, 07:40 PM

2 posts, read 13,582 times
Went to the LA COunty Clerk in Norwalk to file for DBA/FBN. There were lots of people in line outside of the building, as soon as I approached the door, somebody asked me if I need help filing the DBA. I don't know if I should trust him. I asked him how much I have to pay he said $100 for publishing plus the $23 for FBN filing. I know it was expensive because I search some publications online who were charging 45-50 for the 4 week publication.
Then another lady approached me, she said she can help me file the dba and pay only $50 for publication. She showed me their office at the 5th floor. She accompanied me downstairs to file for FBN, I was the one who paid for the $23. Then we went back upstairs and she gave me a receipt for the $50 publishing.
She knows a lot of people in the building, and I was thinking that she's probably not a scam, maybe shes making money by giving those ads/fbn publications to some newspaper. Shes acting like an agent for the "real" publishing companies.
She gave me a business card, but i still cannot fully trust her, I checked the directory in the building but the company name on her business card is not in the building directory. But like i said, she kno0ws a lot of people in there. There's also a mailbox no. in her business card. Maybe she is just using the county clerk building as her VIRTUAL OFFICE.???
As soon as i got home, i checked her Phone online...Nothing shows up, the company doesn't show up neither when you google it. But when i checked the FBN datacase of LA COunty clerk, it is registered.

SHould i trust her??????
The name of the company is JDC Publishing Service. Name of the person is Michelle Reyes.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:18 PM

274 posts, read 577,845 times
Default Dba filing?

I guess I don't understand why you would want to pay $100.00 plus another $23.00 when it can be done for much less?

And, add to that your trusting someone who "approached" you.

Please go to almost any small community newspaper like the one mentioned in Culver City and you can have it filed with the city clerk and it will run in the paper the required 4 times with one stop, and in one place!

Oh well~

Old 09-09-2009, 07:17 PM

2,161 posts, read 2,980,199 times
google license dba los angeles:

license dba los angeles - Google Search=

kate

Old 02-08-2012, 12:41 AM

1 posts, read 4,856 times
Dear RegisterFBN:

I recently paid JDC Publishing to publish my dba on friday. I gave them a try because they were in the building right next to the County Recorder's Office. I've called and left 2 messages to find out where I can get one of their news publications but have not heard back from them since yesterday. Hopefully, I can reach someone tomorrow, but just wanted to find out how your experience was with them? Did you ever get your proof of publishing?

Old 02-21-2012, 05:19 PM

1,688 posts, read 3,956,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdba View Post
Dear RegisterFBN:

I recently paid JDC Publishing to publish my dba on friday. I gave them a try because they were in the building right next to the County Recorder's Office. I've called and left 2 messages to find out where I can get one of their news publications but have not heard back from them since yesterday. Hopefully, I can reach someone tomorrow, but just wanted to find out how your experience was with them? Did you ever get your proof of publishing?

Reply to an 18 month old question? Like most businesses, his DBA is likely out of business by now.

There must be less stale threads on which first time posters can comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles