Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 09:29 AM

21 posts, read 94,038 times

Advertisements

Hello! My family is moving to South Pasadena soon. We would like to have an apartment ready to move in when we arrive, for various reasons.

Of course, signing a 1-year lease for a place we can't see in advance would be too risky, so we are thinking of getting a place that allows you to rent by the month.

I found one: Golden Oaks Apartments. Looks good but a little on the expensive side.

Does anyone know of other such places? Must be within the South Pasadena school district.

Thanks!!!
Dawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 09:40 AM

1,714 posts, read 6,042,047 times
This Golden Oaks place is a REALLY good location. It's right next to the library, Farmer's Market and Gold Line; also very convenient for restaurants and grocery stores. Since it's only a temporary place for you, it would be a GREAT transition to a new city, to be so well-placed. From there, you could find somewhere that might be cheaper for your year-long lease.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:56 AM

10,629 posts, read 26,670,697 times
I agree with timelesschild - the location is great! Extremely central. I don't know of any other places, unfortunately, but I think if you can afford it that this looks like a fabulous option (never realized that those were short-term rentals before, actually!). For what it offers the price seems reasonable, especially given its ideal location. You can spend your evenings checking out different parts of South Pasadena (and they're all going to be walkable from there, too, or an extremely short drive) and looking at more permanent places. The schools - all 5 of them - are also all within walking distance from that location.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:41 AM

21 posts, read 94,038 times
You guys have been super helpful in answering my questions about South Pasadena. I really appreciate it!

Dawn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles