Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

CA trip: tentative schedule, ETA estimates, weather temperate, very populated, traffic

Old 04-09-2007, 08:56 AM

17 posts, read 47,428 times

Advertisements

me and my gf will be visiting So Cal in 2 wks!! i cant wait since i havent been since '04. well this will be my scouting trip/vacation. ive already done extensive research over the last 10+ months and have my areas of interest narrowed. i would like to check out all these areas while im there to make my decision of where to move. help me with my tentative schedule. i just want to make sure im able to hit them all. we're basically gonna hit them in clusters and drive them, see them, chill in them, eat in them, etc etc. just trying to experience all the areas and see what they have to offer...im sure theyll have much more to offer than cincy,ohio.

we'll be there for weds-mon. however we only have thur-sun open to do stuff. we plan to rise early in the am and get the day started as im use to the traffic as i drove all in it last time i was there. we're talking 7am-whenever we tire for the day. heres my schedule:

hotel is in commerce, ca.

thurs : go to culver city (1st choice area), we ho, westside in general(century city,playa del ray,whatever else is in that cluster. ETA to the area from hotel : ~1hr or so

fri: go to burbank,glendale,pasadena,los feliz,silverlake, maybe other northern areas if time permits (ventura,encino,thousand oaks,etc) ETA to area from hotel : ~1hr or so

sat: go to south oc... irvine,mission viejo,costa mesa,lake forest,rancho santa margarita (my new place of interest-they have very nice apts!!),laguna niguel ETA to area from hotel: ~2hrs

sun: go back to south oc if we cant see all those areas or go back to our favorite area of the trip for another go round or ????

i know im gonna be doing alot of driving but we're both gonna take the wheel.im trying to break it into clusters of proximity each day so we can already be in the area and just go to the next. is this schedule possible to see all i wanna see?? or do u see traffic not making this possible in each day? let me know. also how are my ETA rough estimates of getting to each cluster of areas from our hotel in commerce,ca around 7-8am? i estimated using "cali time" from what ive been reading on these forums.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 05:23 AM

17 posts, read 47,428 times
hello out there....................................

Old 04-11-2007, 09:56 AM

989 posts, read 5,925,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostin4drcivic View Post
is this schedule possible to see all i wanna see?? or do u see traffic not making this possible in each day? let me know. also how are my ETA rough estimates of getting to each cluster of areas from our hotel in commerce,ca around 7-8am? i estimated using "cali time" from what ive been reading on these forums.

Thanks in advance
Yes, I think your ETA's are pretty much right on target. Getting anywhere will take about an "hour or so" ..lol so you covered that quite well However, I do have some pointers.. (Try to be on the road as early as you can!) If you can leave at 6am, do it! You may save about 45 minutes of traffic. At 6am, I'm quite sure the drive from Commerce to Lake Forest will take about 45 minutes(not 2 hours).

Old 04-11-2007, 03:46 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,611 times
The places you mentioned are excellent, you will be doing alot of driving though. You will quickly realize that the greater Los Angeles area(orange county included) is very diverse, very populated, and remarkably weather temperate all year round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles