Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 08:56 PM

4 posts, read 11,734 times

Advertisements

Myself and two friends are planning on moving to LA this summer for jobs and we have been searching for a 2/3 bedroom apartment for the past 3 months. Were all under 25 and ready for some great nightlife in LA. My question is where are the hot spots were college students and a younger crowd tend to gather and be at? Were looking for a great stretch of bars and clubs where we can just relax and have a good time with friends, hopefully close to our apt.

I've heard West Hollywood is where we want to be, but I'd like your opinion! I have been told that if your looking for a nice apt, your gonna be away from the places you want to be. And if your where all the nightlife is at, your gonna pay a pretty penny for a complete hole of a apartment, any truth in that? Were looking to pay around $800-1000 each per month for an apt just to give you a price range. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 09:21 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,014,112 times
Right now, Hollywood is the place. West Hollywood is still hot too, but a little more upscale. Here's an article from last Sunday's LA Times that might be of interest:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,3690711.story

Old 04-11-2007, 10:52 PM

Thanks for the article, very entertaining haha. It seems like hollywood has a more diverse and crazy crowd, which I like. I enjoy going to dive bars and having a beer with friends in a tee shirt and jeans. Thats my style..

Old 04-12-2007, 03:18 AM

196 posts, read 1,235,214 times
Silver Lake is also a hot nightlife spot in Los Angeles, and some parts along Ventura Boulevard, but the hottest is Sunset Strip, but not only the WeHo area, also Hollywood itself is still a nightlife paradise.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:01 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,594,809 times
Use this link
http://www.casenet.com/music/clubsall.htm
for who's at what club, and this link
http://www.laweekly.com
for all other entertainment.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:14 PM

Cool, thanks for the links...

Old 04-15-2007, 07:03 AM

35 posts, read 212,208 times
hey cmushocker, are you going to Carnegie Mellon? I graduated from there a few years ago and am moving to the area by the first week of May. Whatever you do after graduation make it a priority to get out of Pittsburgh!! I was planning on making my escape after graduation but there was a serious slump in the engineering market that made it tough to get out until now.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:09 PM

Nope sorry, I just graduated from Central Michigan University.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:59 PM

644 posts, read 3,315,867 times
Santa Monica Blvd in West Hollywood in mainly gay bars.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:07 PM

17 posts, read 172,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmushocker View Post
Myself and two friends are planning on moving to LA this summer for jobs and we have been searching for a 2/3 bedroom apartment for the past 3 months. Were all under 25 and ready for some great nightlife in LA. My question is where are the hot spots were college students and a younger crowd tend to gather and be at? Were looking for a great stretch of bars and clubs where we can just relax and have a good time with friends, hopefully close to our apt.

Oh I got some advice for you. Good L.A clubs...remember this. If your not bringing any cute ladies you are going to wait for a looonnnnggg time...real talk.

Bouncers just pick and choose who comes in to the "hot" clubs. Logiclly you'd think you just line up and wait your turn to get in but, Noooo thats not how it goes down.

I promise you this cmushocker, if you and two guys show up to any GOOD club in the L.A area, you are going to WAIT. Not half an hour but it could be a couple of hours. Depends on how trendy the club is.

I recommend Club White Lotus, also Club L.A.X, those are poppin but you need an even ratio of guys to girls to get in quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles