Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2009, 09:19 PM

4 posts, read 16,330 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

We are considering moving to the Hollywood Hills area. We were in Beachwood today and really liked it. However we currently have two children ages 9 & 12 and are very concerned with the quality of the schools in the area.

I work in Beverly Hills & the Hollywood area however we currently live in the Valencia/Santa Clarita because the schools have a very good reputation, so I make the commute (due to previous nightmares with schooling, it is now our highest priority).

My wife was reading that most people in the HH area send their kids to private schools? Any feedback on schooling in any one of the Hollywood Hills neighborhoods would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 10:51 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
School Performance Maps is a start

Old 06-08-2009, 01:39 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,067,064 times
Here's another thing: Enter the addresses of the properties you are looking at into this search engine: School Finder - It will show you which Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) schools the properties are assigned to.

When you get your results you can use:
* GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community
* Schooldigger.com -- Search and compare elementary, middle, and high schools.
and compare the zoned schools.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Here's another thing: Enter the addresses of the properties you are looking at into this search engine: School Finder - It will show you which Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) schools the properties are assigned to.

When you get your results you can use:
* GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community
* Schooldigger.com -- Search and compare elementary, middle, and high schools.
and compare the zoned schools.
Thank you for the feedback. We have used these resources. I was hoping to get some feedback from someone that lived in the hills. The schools in the area don't look that great so I'm wondering what others do?

Thanks

Old 06-11-2009, 11:20 AM

263 posts, read 757,214 times
Many people living in the hills send their children to private schools.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:36 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,417,827 times
Harvard-Westlake is the private school of choice for Hollywood Hills residents and a prominent choice of Westside families.

There aren't too many families in the Hollywood Hills, but one of the Harvard-Westlake campuses is located right in North Hollywood.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:00 PM

8 posts, read 31,502 times
Roscamare is probably the best in that area for public. Other private schools that are excellent are Curtis, Berkeley Hall and John Dye. These three are on Mulholland and are close to one another.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:46 PM

1,253 posts, read 2,944,250 times
My cousin goes to Windward. It's a private school. It seems pretty decent.
Full of celebrities kids and all that rich fancy stuff. I personally wouldn't want my child going there but my cousin seems to love it.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:22 PM

86 posts, read 277,331 times
Public schools for the Hollywood Hills districts are not very good. I'm pretty sure the school for that area is Cheremoya. Most folks who live in the hills in that area either do private or charter schools. I'm in that district and my kids go to Larchmont Charter, West Hollywood, and it's terrific.
We know several people who tried Cheremoya a few years ago but pulled their kids out. Good luck to you!

Old 07-10-2009, 08:38 AM

Thank you for all the replies. We ended up moving to Pico-Robertson (across Olympic from Beverly Hills). I work in BH so it is very convenient. Maybe I should repost this question since it is a different area, but any recommendations for schools in the Pico-Robertson/Beverly Hills/Beverlywood/Beverlyglen area?

Are there any private schools that are affordable? Some I have seen cost as much as some colleges (24k a year per kid!).

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles