Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2009, 06:52 AM

18 posts, read 76,505 times

Advertisements

Is the Gold's Gym in Venice a good gym for the average workout enthusiast? I like nice gyms with lots of equipment. I used to be really into bodybuilding and so thats why I thought it would be a fun gym. But does any one know how much memeber dues are monthly? Is it pretty exclusive to only "pro" bodybuilders? Also any suggestions for other gyms near the Marina Del Rey area would be appreciated! Thanks
PS can't wait to get out there! only 20 more days!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 10:42 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,187,529 times
i was a member at la fitness in the marina for a while and found it to be an adequate gym. it certainly had the best price around and plenty of equipment. there is no pool, racquet courts, or basketball courts, but it certainly serves its purpose. there is also plenty of parking, where at golds gym the same cannot be said. golds gym is right off of main st though with plenty of shops/restaurants/bars nearby.

before joining a gym, make sure that the building you are moving into does not offer a gym for residents. my building has a very nice gym that is rarely crowded.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:48 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varr0008 View Post
Is the Gold's Gym in Venice a good gym for the average workout enthusiast? I like nice gyms with lots of equipment. I used to be really into bodybuilding and so thats why I thought it would be a fun gym. But does any one know how much memeber dues are monthly? Is it pretty exclusive to only "pro" bodybuilders? Also any suggestions for other gyms near the Marina Del Rey area would be appreciated! Thanks

Don't know how hardcore you are but when I was living in Cali which is suppose to be the epitome for bodybuilding I was extremely disappointed because the gyms went from hardcore 60's style gyms to resort/spa type facility's. I wound up working out at a community collage were the original Iron was still used and you can still put 500lbs on the bar and not have people look at you like you are crazy.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:50 AM

3 posts, read 14,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varr0008 View Post
I think that there is no pool, nor basketball courts, but it certainly serves its purpose. There is also spacious parking, where at golds gym the same cannot be said. I also know that golds gym is right off of main st though with plenty of shops/restaurants/bars nearby and good for any gold party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles