Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 03:46 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,977,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I really don't think you have to worry about that, worst case you will get your check a few days later.

But they can't deny you the check if you have been approved for benefits.

Good Luck.
really?
im just thinking that they have grounds to not give me my check if it isnt postmarked on august 2 ya know?
the form didnt mention post mark date, it just said to send form by august 2. hopefully thats good enough. i am really nervous about this. i wish i had internet on my phone. if i did, i would have been able to see that the lax post office is open till 11, and they could have post marked it. i just went to a kiosk and put it in the mailbox. no way of retrieving it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 08:42 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,556,350 times
No you will be ok. Worse case scenario you get the check a little late. It has been awhile for me since I used CA unemployment benefits, but from what I remember you check off the questions about looking for work.

The thing is if you send it in too early(as I once did) they sent me a letter saying it was too early and made me fill out another form for that two week time period.

So too early is much worse than a little late.

You should be ok.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:09 PM

thanks. i feel less nervous now.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:39 AM

1,786 posts, read 6,885,613 times
You'll be fine LeavingLA. If you miss it by a week, they'll send you a letter. The Gov't works on a Sunday to Saturday work week. That's why these silly things say to send on a Sunday. A day or two later won't raise any flags.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:08 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,248,884 times
I forget what city it is but most of the residents are Seventh Day Adventist. Their post office works on Sunday and is clossed on Saturday. Let me ask one of the guys at work. He grew up there.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:44 PM

137 posts, read 601,779 times
You'll be fine. There is plenty of room for human adjustments at the EDD (only problem is getting them on the phone). I was unemployed earlier this year. I didn't receive my continuation form (or I may have forgotten to mail it in and/or lost it) and had to keep calling for 3 days in a row to get a "real" person. I received the form 4 days later and a few weeks later received a check for the weeks that occured over 1.5 months before.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:23 PM

thanks for all the help again. i got my check right on time as well as the paper work for this week and last week proof of looking for work. for some reason, they keep wanting to send all my forms on SUNDAYS! i have "send this form on 8-16" which is a sunday. i will send it saturday at around 5 so i dont put myself through this again.

otherwise i can drive to the post office by lax 2x a month because they are open on sundays. i live in the valley though so not really the smartest decision, but if i forget, i guess i would have to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles