Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 09:48 AM

5 posts, read 9,658 times

Advertisements

From begining of water restricton, i been watering my grass 2 times a day, every single day. I have yet to even gotten so much as a warning. It's not just me but others that i have talked to also haven't gotten so much as a warning. What is the point of LADWP doing all this talk about enforcement when in reality all they can do is talk, talk as they can't do the walk?

Instead of water ban, just raise the prices on water and those of us that willing to pay higher rates will continue using the as much water as we want and the rest will cut back.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:06 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,191,740 times
my guess is that the restrictions are only a precursor to raised rates. any time the government raises rates/fees/taxes, the public goes crazy and politicians don't want to deal with that. but go ahead, keep over watering your lawn with your buddies and deplete the water supply quicker so all of us will be forced to pay higher rates sooner rather than later. on behalf of the entire population of southern california, i would like to thank you for being so considerate.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:31 AM

Your welcome Seriously, to replace dead grass in both my front and back yard, plus flowers etc would cost me between 4-5k. It's costing me about $20 extra a month currently in higher water bill. Even if the ware bill doubles it will still be more economical for me to ignore the ban then to follow it.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:34 AM

26,721 posts, read 26,793,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosilent View Post
I have yet to even gotten so much as a warning.
I agree, although I water every other day and just once a day.

Quote:
Instead of water ban, just raise the prices on water....
They already have, at least where I live!

Old 08-28-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I agree, although I water every other day and just once a day.

They already have, at least where I live!
Yes they raised the rates a bit, but it's still low. Like i said, it's costing about $20 extra a month, when compare to what it would cost me to replace the dead grass, flowers etc its well worth it.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:54 PM

293 posts, read 893,375 times
Talking Hehehe

Quote:
Your welcome Seriously, to replace dead grass in both my front and back yard, plus flowers etc would cost me between 4-5k. It's costing me about $20 extra a month currently in higher water bill. Even if the ware bill doubles it will still be more economical for me to ignore the ban then to follow it.
Why don't you replace your grass lawn with bricks and add a little flower on the sides for aesthetic reasons? In that way, you won't have to water, maintain, and mow down your lawns, while you just lay back and relaxed. Hopefully, the wife doesn't find you doing nothing around the house. High Five!

Old 08-28-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mysterious View Post
Why don't you replace your grass lawn with bricks and add a little flower on the sides for aesthetic reasons? In that way, you won't have to water, maintain, and mow down your lawns, while you just lay back and relaxed. Hopefully, the wife doesn't find you doing nothing around the house. High Five!
Hmm, already not doing anything around the yard . I have a gardener that comes once a week to cut the grass, clean up etc. I like the look of the grass, don't think wife would like the look of bricks. City of la is welcome to enforce the water restriction if they can actually catch me which is highly unlikely to happen.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:24 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,662,998 times
you obvioulsy dont understand the purpose of the restrictions.

the problem is a water shortage. its not about paying more or less, its about RESPONSIBLE USE.

your actions are immature and irresponsible. not a good citizen. LA does not need people like you.
you want LA to walk the walk. pretty soon they will start putting valves on our water systems that measure water use. THEN you will be fined in greater amounts. is that what you want?

better yet, write DWP a letter and let them know what you are doing. give them times and days. lets see what they do.

Quote:
From begining of water restricton, i been watering my grass 2 times a day, every single day. I have yet to even gotten so much as a warning. It's not just me but others that i have talked to also haven't gotten so much as a warning. What is the point of LADWP doing all this talk about enforcement when in reality all they can do is talk, talk as they can't do the walk?

Instead of water ban, just raise the prices on water and those of us that willing to pay higher rates will continue using the as much water as we want and the rest will cut back.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
you obvioulsy dont understand the purpose of the restrictions.

the problem is a water shortage. its not about paying more or less, its about RESPONSIBLE USE.

your actions are immature and irresponsible. not a good citizen. LA does not need people like you.
you want LA to walk the walk. pretty soon they will start putting valves on our water systems that measure water use. THEN you will be fined in greater amounts. is that what you want?

better yet, write DWP a letter and let them know what you are doing. give them times and days. lets see what they do.
Thank you for your reply. I understand exactly the purpose of the restriction and why it was put in place. We have plenty of water, but court decided to restrict the flow of water to protect the fish in the delta. Basically court decide to take side of the wish over the interest of humans which resulted in city having to conserve water.

Regarding city putting water measure on our lines, they already know how much water we use. Notice their is tier 1 and teir 2 and they charge more for tier 2 compare to tier 1.

Regarding writing a letter or calling ladwp and telling them what time i water and what days, well that would kind of be stupid as i would be doing their work for them.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:10 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,987,594 times
i have been following the restriction. i think it is pretty important and my family has been thinking of replacing our grass with more of a sand and rock garden to help out. it seems like most people in my neighborhood havent been following the restriction though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles