Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 05:15 PM

24 posts, read 66,844 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Notorious Ridaz Promo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 05:40 PM

59 posts, read 149,826 times
Why don't you go and check for yourself? Be sure to arrive when the sun is down and wear either red or blue clothing.

Godspeed.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:21 PM

52 posts, read 196,736 times
My experiences with South Central are mostly around USC, Jefferson Park area .. little south and along MLK. You will probably not get shot standing around waiting for the bus, but its dodgy at times and the LAPD presence should attest that things are not that great.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:28 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,628,669 times
The absolute worst areas of LA are the area to the northwest of the 105/110 interchange, also known as Nickerson Gardens/Imperial Courts. If you watch the movie Training Day, the area that Denzel Washington's girlfriend lived is based on that area. For a while, maybe even still, officers only went into that area in groups. African Americans that live in south central have warned me multiple times to stay out of that area and officers have been shot at at the Southeast LAPD Division that is the station in that area. The area has two very large gangs(1,000+ members) that are very embedded in the community there through multiple generations...the Grape Street Crips and the Bounty Hunters.

The other worst area is around the Southwest station on MLK near Western. That neighborhood is really awful. I dated a girl that lived near there and had to leave my car running when I went to pick her up while I waited outsider her apartment complex. Really bad. The area is claimed by the Rolling 60's crips, one of the largest and most violent gangs there is.

The above two areas are worse than any you have heard of in LA. Worse than Compton, worse than East LA, worse than the Figureoa corridor, worse than north Long Beach, way worse than Inglewood, worse than Pacoima.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:14 AM

2,497 posts, read 7,477,283 times
I got sidetracked 2 times in L.A. and ended up in this area, Compton as well. I guess I can consider myself lucky, but I did not really feel threatened. Now St. Louis, Chicago, Gary, Flint, those hoods are bad, LA's bad area's do not compare in my opinion. I think the rappers from the late 80's and early 90's overpainted their picture of how the hood is.
Sure people get murdered there, I just felt much worse in the midwest hoods.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:34 AM

28 posts, read 52,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
I got sidetracked 2 times in L.A. and ended up in this area, Compton as well. I guess I can consider myself lucky, but I did not really feel threatened. Now St. Louis, Chicago, Gary, Flint, those hoods are bad, LA's bad area's do not compare in my opinion. I think the rappers from the late 80's and early 90's overpainted their picture of how the hood is.
There are palm trees and usually grass in L.A. - back east there's no grass, no trees, just concrete and brick buildings with boards up for windows.

I have never seen anything worse than a depressed ghetto in Philly - it looked like the day after a nuclear holocaust.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:19 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,659,695 times
Why can't the retard driving that red car figure out at what height he wants his suspension?

Old 09-17-2009, 01:21 AM

BTW, where da hoes at?

Old 09-17-2009, 01:22 AM

And an Autometer tachometer on the dash of a '79 Buick Regal is always a nice touch...

Old 09-17-2009, 01:31 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
California ghettos just look nicer. They have sunshine, palm trees, and newer buildings and infrastructure because most of California is newly constructed.

In California, lots of the ghettos were built 30-60 years ago. In the midwest and east coasts, lots of those neighborhoods have been around for centuries. So they are a lot more run down.

But California ghettos are just as dangerous as the midwest or east coast. Maybe even more dangerous. Don't let the look fool you, the people are just as criminal and violent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles