Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2007, 02:07 PM

60 posts, read 168,262 times

Advertisements

I am a single professional female in my 30s planning on moving to LA this summer. I'm trying to find out information on neighborhoods in the LA area. From what I've heard so far, I think I'd like to be on the westside. Does anyone have any input regarding Brentwood, Westwood, West Hollywood or Bev Hills? I'm hoping to be working in Century City. I'd prefer to be in more newer building and close to a neighborhood of shops and restaurants. Any advice out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 02:34 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
How much are willing to spending on housing?

Old 05-03-2007, 04:23 PM

644 posts, read 3,320,902 times
If you're working in Century City, all the cities you mentioned are good. I have a friend who lives on Olympic and can see the Century City high rises from his window and walks to work there every day. Frankly, I'm all for any situation that allows one to walk to work. You save a lot on gas and driving time. It just makes life so much easier.

Artie

Old 05-04-2007, 12:42 PM

954 posts, read 4,377,487 times
Where in the city do you currently live? I lived in Manhattan for 6 1/2 years and now for over a year in Brooklyn. I love the city, but have a sister in LA who is bugging me to death about moving out there.
I'd be interested on how you make the transition and if it is as different as I suppose it is from here.
My brother-in-law used to work at a high end hotel in Century City. We always loved visiting that area. I think it would be a great choice of areas, if you can afford it.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:26 PM

Would go up to 2200

Old 05-04-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhogan10010 View Post
Where in the city do you currently live? I lived in Manhattan for 6 1/2 years and now for over a year in Brooklyn. I love the city, but have a sister in LA who is bugging me to death about moving out there.
I'd be interested on how you make the transition and if it is as different as I suppose it is from here.
My brother-in-law used to work at a high end hotel in Century City. We always loved visiting that area. I think it would be a great choice of areas, if you can afford it.
i was fortunate to spend last summer working in the area and found i loved it and need a break from nyc. for me its about a lifestyle change...need to be outside more and the winters here are just killing me. i will keep you posted. i'm heading out there in a few weeks to do some more due diligence.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:36 AM

1,749 posts, read 8,337,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artichoke63 View Post
I'm all for any situation that allows one to walk to work.
Artie
Me too. Eliminating a commute is a beautiful thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles