Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 08:10 PM

4 posts, read 12,864 times

Advertisements

I just read today the the City of Los Angeles pays out 1 Billion dollars a year in "Illegals" aid and benefits........... I just do not see how much longer before the dam will break.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2006, 09:12 PM

676 posts, read 3,070,976 times
It broke for me already! I left our so called golden state this month.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:12 PM

625 posts, read 2,432,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoKali
I just read today the the City of Los Angeles pays out 1 Billion dollars a year in "Illegals" aid and benefits........... I just do not see how much longer before the dam will break.......
And that's just LA--now throw in OC, SD, and the rest of the state. Last I heard we Californians are paying 8-10 BILLION a year for illegals in this state.

Hey, isn't that the amount of the budget deficit?

Old 08-07-2006, 02:10 PM

473 posts, read 2,748,698 times
money that could go towards bettering our schools and roadways, and develop further mass transportation....but nope..it all gets handed to people who should have no rights in this country anyway. if i moved to mexico illegally, i wouldnt expect to have the govt cover my basic needs, as i am not a citizen.

Old 08-08-2006, 02:12 PM

4 posts, read 12,864 times
Thumbs down Huh?

The MEXICAN GOVERNMENT paying you benefits......? Try exporting you after they plant illegal drugs on you and fine you all your cash and possesions.............

When California sees the light... they will kick out the legislatures of this state and squash idiots like Boxer and Pelosi.......

Old 08-10-2006, 04:40 PM

186 posts, read 834,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightenme
It broke for me already! I left our so called golden state this month.
Wow. Congratulatoins. I am glad you were able to make the move to be better your situation. How are you liking your new home?

Old 08-11-2006, 06:42 AM

7 posts, read 45,505 times
I'm originally from New Jersey and had two choices were to move. LA or Vegas and I selected Vegas. I'm thinking about moving to LA now. It's that bad?

Old 08-11-2006, 09:50 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,597,166 times
What do you want from life, CSGuy? Vegas is thriving economically, but there's that summer heat which is as bad a season as Minnesota blizzards. Los Angeles had the entertainment industry, but it is massively difficult for most to buy property here, and the gangs and illegals, who ignore most laws, make quality of life issues difficult for those who aren't rich enough to cocoon themselves from it.

Give us a little more info to help you out...

Old 08-11-2006, 12:13 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,639,729 times
its not that bad. it really isnt. life isnt bad, in fact for me its great. but home prices have not yet fallen. that is bad. i always wait for the sunday edition of the paper that lists the LA county median home vlaues/sales. it has not gone down in a long time. the other day i saw what a house sold for a few blocks away and was floored. i bought at the right time i suppose. but seriously it is getting ridiculous. that is bad. renting is also ok. but who really wants to pay mortgage level rent? you do need a car though. unless you live by a rail station or express bus. o and if your commute doesnt take you all the way across town (pasadena to santa monica or LB to van nuys). in terms of "illegals" those are everywhere and anywhere there are people. vegas actually has the fastest grownin population and guess what transplants, illegal or otherwise, are always around. that is not that bad. the best way to decide is by taking a weekend trip to LA. check out an OC beach. shop in the alleys in downtown. visit belmont shores or third st promenade. eat tacos at the king taco in east LA. and if you really want to open your eyes to what you might see in LA go to the grove. you'll see it all by then. lights camera action.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:06 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,734,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one
i always wait for the sunday edition of the paper that lists the LA county median home vlaues/sales. it has not gone down in a long time. the other day i saw what a house sold for a few blocks away and was floored
Median home values are useless in determining the value of houses in any area. The median value is the average of all homes sold in a period of time. If you have more condos sold in the period then the average could go down, but one million dollar sale can change the average. Same goes for several similarly priced average homes can have the average price go down with a couple of condos added in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles