U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-10-2009, 09:52 AM

8 posts, read 16,062 times
So if he gets a ticket, he should go to the court to defend himself? Thank you.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 10:21 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,845,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMom View Post
So if he gets a ticket, he should go to the court to defend himself? Thank you.
Only if you have reason to believe the ticket is incorrect.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:07 AM

256 posts, read 294,935 times
The length of the yellow light is set at the speed limit of the street. For example, if the speed limit is 40 mph, then the yellow light is four seconds long; at 35 mph, the yellow light is 3.5 seconds long, etc. You can go back to the photo-enforced intersection and time out the yellow light. Too short of a yellow light, the citation will probably be dismissed. You have to receive the citation within ten days of the violation, or it will be dismissed. Some jurisdictions (ie. Los Angeles County) "phish" for your driver's information when the citation is mailed to you. DO NOT fall for this. It is illegal and cause for dismissal of the citation.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:03 AM

1,552 posts, read 1,996,835 times
My husband was making a right turn on yellow but there are no right turns on red. The light flashed and he received a ticket. In the picture, you can see the light is yellow....but he still had to pay?? Go figure...the lights are the reason there are some accidents because people are slamming on their brakes and whatnot.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:23 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,800,006 times
Home - Fighting Red Light Camera Tickets

That is, by far, the best web site I have ever seen about fighting red light cameras or info about tickets with red light cameras in California. I would definitely bookmark it - there's some great info there.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:26 AM

191 posts, read 368,525 times
Wife got one a couple months ago. It's $450 + traffic school.

You can get out of it if you prove the yellow lights are timed shorter than the surrounding yellows, but these are calibrated often to ensure they are consistent.

Watch out... tickets are being written like crazy these days to make up for decreases in tax revenue. Was just pulled over last week for going 70 in a 65 on the 126 fwy. Direct quote: "I see that your front windows are tinted. Well, I'm going to have to give you a ticket for something - it's your choice." He knew the 5mph was complete bogus (I was going with the flow of traffic), my number just came up. It's obvious that they have quotas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles