Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2007, 10:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,365 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I've enjoyed reading all the previous posts and I'm hoping you can give me some guidance please.

My husband will be attending USC in the fall and we need to find an apartment to live in. We have looked online a bit and we are thinking something in the $2000-$3000 range for rent. He is 28, I'm 25 and we have two boys ages 4 and 2. Seems like there are lots of places to look and not enough time. We will be in LA this weekend and that will help us get a feel for things.

Do you know of any apts around that we should look into? The shorter the commute the better. BTW we have 2 cars.

TIA, Sunny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 04:07 PM

116 posts, read 614,336 times
I guess it depends how close to campus you and your husband need to, or want to live. The area around the campus is not particularly the best for a young family. If you're willing to have a short commute, I'd recommend finding an apartment in South Pasadena. It is super convenient to the 110 freeway, which leads directly to SC. It also has many other great attributes such as great schools, neat shopping (mission area), and some nice parks. It's a very family oriented community relatively close (20 minutes) to SC.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:59 AM

1 posts, read 3,332 times
Hi Sunny,
I just finished school at USC and have 2 kids, age 1 & 2. We live in West LA and love it. Commute to USC is exactly 10 miles. The 10 freeway isn't too bad (compared with the 405). South Pasadena is nice too. But you may want to consider West LA or even Santa Monica (half an hour's drive in good traffic) if you want to be closer to the beach. Given your budget you will not have problems with renting something decent in these areas. Actually, you will find something decent in Beverly Hills too If your husband is going to school, he won't have schedules that keeps him on the roads during peak hours every day, and that is a bonus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles