U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 02:44 PM

1,070 posts, read 2,830,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAHopeful View Post
And P.s. wow impala you have a VERY good paying job, what do you do :P
I earn much more than that, just talking about people in my office!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 11:41 AM

147 posts, read 269,467 times
you still didnt determine what you do for a living and how one comes by getting into that business ahem ahem

Old 12-21-2009, 03:19 AM

1,070 posts, read 2,830,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAHopeful View Post
you still didnt determine what you do for a living and how one comes by getting into that business ahem ahem
If you read my profile and my posts, which were written to help others all will be revealed.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:05 AM

Location: San Fernando Valley, CA but desperately hoping to move back to New York
74 posts, read 291,621 times
I have had many WOW LA moments, including some mentioned, But what always sticks in my mind is the first time I saw snow on the mountains while driving over the hilly part of palms blvd, at sepulveda. The idea of seeing those snowy peaks at the same time it was sunny and warm where I was. I'm still amazed by it every winter.

I do have to say that although I have lived here since 91, I am still eager to leave Los Angeles, I have really never felt at home here and am still working on moving back east. Just more my style.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:44 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,219,510 times
Well, I've been here over 26 years now and I don't think I ever fell in love with L.A. I actually moved here with my family in 1983 not by choice. There were times that I did not even want to be in L.A. anymore. I was kind of fed up with the way the city is so sprawled all over the place and distances between cities are so far. I don't think I'm in love with the city now although I still like it enough to stay for a little while longer. Does L.A. have its problems? Of course it does. But all things considered, its not a terrible place.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:55 PM

12 posts, read 24,580 times
Impala 666, i havent read through all your posts but i gather you are in the movie industry? off topic LOL know of any decent agencies? specially child ones, we just moved from OZ and i think my son (5 yrs) has the looks/aussie accent to pull of some acting possibly my daughter too (2.5 yrs), been researching but only find dodgy sites. Thanks

and to answer the thread, we have just moved here from Australia my husband is american, and i have always loved LA, so much to do and see compared with OZ, the kids have more oppurtunity here too. its a lovely place. i love everything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or