Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 03:43 PM

304 posts, read 931,357 times

Advertisements

It all depends on what they like to do and how long you have.
California Driving Tour & Map - USA Travel & Tourism Guide, Tourist Attractions, Destinations

101 and Route 1 are more beautiful but longer.
Gilroy Garlic Festival
Andersen's Split Pea Soup in Boulton, Solvang,

I hear the Ronald Reagan Library in Sylmar is good, especially Air Force One.
U.S. Travel for Seniors and Baby Boomers - Senior U.S. Travel Destinations

Sacramento Old Town, redwood forest above San Francisco, wineries in Sonoma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 06:20 PM

687 posts, read 1,119,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffavail View Post
It all depends on what they like to do and how long you have.
California Driving Tour & Map - USA Travel & Tourism Guide, Tourist Attractions, Destinations

101 and Route 1 are more beautiful but longer.
Gilroy Garlic Festival
Andersen's Split Pea Soup in Boulton, Solvang,

I hear the Ronald Reagan Library in Sylmar is good, especially Air Force One.
U.S. Travel for Seniors and Baby Boomers - Senior U.S. Travel Destinations

Sacramento Old Town, redwood forest above San Francisco, wineries in Sonoma.
The Ronald Regan Library is in Simi Valley I believe.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:01 PM

8 posts, read 11,918 times
Default Thanks

Thank you all for your help. I have another question (but not my last). I have been researching car rental rates and there is a company called "Fox" that is significantly cheaper than their competitors. I am not familiar with this company. I would appreciate and insight or anyone that has had any experiences with this company.

Thanks

Old 01-07-2010, 06:10 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,348 times
A little bit off your route, but if your parents have never seen Yosemite Valley it is one of the most awe inspiring sights in the world. You can drive into the valley so your parents won't have to travel far from the car at all. Ansel Adams in living color!

Old 01-07-2010, 06:32 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illiniwek 89 View Post
Thank you all for your help. I have another question (but not my last). I have been researching car rental rates and there is a company called "Fox" that is significantly cheaper than their competitors. I am not familiar with this company. I would appreciate and insight or anyone that has had any experiences with this company.

Thanks
I have never heard of them. I would be very careful about hidden charges. You might have better luck sticking with a national brand.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:22 PM

I was looking at the Seascape Resort in Aptos. The resort looks nice and appears to be in my price range. Any comments on this resort? Is the drive from LA to Aptos too optimistic for 1 day?

Thanks,

Scott

Old 02-01-2010, 06:00 PM

I have been able to "nail down" more of our schedule for my family's trip to LA later this month. After visiting family in the Agoura Hills area, I beleive that we will spend 1 night near Morro Bay and 2 nights in Monterey. I would be interested in any recommendations for lodging in the Monterey area. In addition, I would like to take my parents to a winery. They are not big drinkers, so I would be looking for a winery that is more about education than stimulation. Once again, thanks for your help.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:28 PM

4 posts, read 4,066 times
I love Santa Barbara! Such a gorgeous town and there is so much to do! I was just there actually for Fiestas and it was a blast! So much good entertainment and food, it was well worth the trip! The beaches are stunning and so are the hiking trails and view from the tops of the mountains! I stayed at the Sandman Inn (Santa Barbara Hotel Sandman Inn - Santa Barbara's Best Value Hotel). SO affordable and very quaint and cozy!

Old 09-02-2011, 10:52 PM

141 posts, read 436,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mading6 View Post
Oh and then we stayed in Pismo Beach for the next night at another Best Western on the water also. Beautiful. Now there are two Best Western's right not too far from each other. We stayed at the one more North and the room was huge! I think it was $129/night with ocean view we stayed in room 808 and you could see the water on both sides.
Anyone know the addresses of the Best Westerns that this poster is recommending? That info would be a huge help as I am also planning a drive north.
Thx.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:07 PM

4 posts, read 4,066 times
Santa Barbara is a great place to vacation. I recommend the wine tasting or learning to surf! The hiking trails are also great too. I was just in town and had a great time doing all of these things and more. Stayed at the South Coast Inn (Santa Barbara Hotel The Best Western PLUS South Coast Inn). So elegant and the best place to call home while on vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles