Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2010, 05:05 PM

2 posts, read 3,447 times

Advertisements

I recently moved from Merced to LA, and I must say, wow it is really disgusting here.

Houses are small, ugly and expensive. Apartments are dirty, ugly and expensive. Streets are super narrow. There is no room to park your car. The atmosphere is dirty.

Dont tell me to move to better neighborhoods, they still are 0 compared to the worst neighborhoods in the central valley, and cost way too much

The people here are A holes. The lifestyle sucks here. There is night life everywhere not just here, we dont need clubs, we party at night and go to the gym at midday, we dont need beaches, disneyland , universal. In the central valley, people matter, who you are with matters, how you hand g out matters, not where you go or where you live.

Do not move here, there are plenty more reasons why not to move here that i am not gonna list.

If you wanna live in California, you gotta live either in the Central Valley or near the bay area, do not live in LA, San Diego is too far down south and it sucks too, been there. The desert is sorta like the central valley, but its a bit different.

If you are in North Cal and live somewhere in or near Bakersfield, Visalia, Tulare, Fresno, Merced, Turlock, Modesto, Manteca, Stockton, Sacramento, stay there, your life is far better there than if you move to LA.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:10 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,695,352 times
Default Oh My Goodness!!!

Here we go again: another negative thread with a waste of space. As Doc Rivers once famously said: "oh my goodness!"

Old 01-02-2010, 05:12 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
So what ****ty part of L.A. did you move to and are now using to judge the entire greater metropolitan area by?

Old 01-02-2010, 05:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,447 times
Burbank California..

Oh, and why should I not be negative, what part of LA do you guys like so much. What in it do you guys love so much? Is it the actors? Weather?

Yes, i will move back dont tell me that, but I just wanted the people moving here to know

Old 01-02-2010, 05:21 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveslaine View Post

Yes, i will move back dont tell me that, but I just wanted the people moving here to know
No you don't. What happened is, your life down here didn't work out as planned, so instead of blaming yourself, you're here to slag off on inanimate objects such as narrow streets, junky apartments, nightlife and the "air".

And, of course, Angelenos. You people who fail to thrive down here always get your digs in on Angelenos. It's like you follow a script.

Buh bye. Enjoy that clean air and sparkling nightlife in lovely Merced.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:30 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,695,352 times
Isn't that typical? The nerve of some people is what I don't understand. Why in the world would anyone waste their precious time to post such a negative view of a place they live in? You would think that with the start of a brand new year and the struggling economy that people would at least have the sense to be more positive. But no. Some people for whatever reason choose to be negative, angry, bitter idiots and take their anger out on the city they live in when in reality it is their fault they are bitter and unhappy. I think this is only the beginning of 10+ pages of useless ranting.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:48 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,731,484 times
Pointless thread. If anyone wants to discuss (in a non-trolling manner, of course) the pros and cons of various California regions or cities then please take it to the general California forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles