U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 09:53 PM

7,413 posts, read 3,373,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
My great grandfather used to live in Modesto. Everything there is about Almonds. I like almonds a lot myself but damn!
It's all about crops since that is the main industry. Having a winter frost is front page\ tv coverage big news. How much fruit\ nuts harvested each year is the main topic of local interest. Before there was cable tv the Central Valley only had a few stations to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 09:58 PM

16,587 posts, read 20,178,733 times
There's nothing wrong with rural life... until they make fun of us.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:01 PM

12,761 posts, read 10,811,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
It's all about crops since that is the main industry. Having a winter frost is front page\ tv coverage big news. How much fruit\ nuts harvested each year is the main topic of local interest. Before there was cable tv the Central Valley only had a few stations to watch.
Yep and everyone has one or two almond trees in their yards.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Yep and everyone has one or two almond trees in their yards.
Yeah, but we have orange\ avocado trees! I don't think almonds would do well in Southern California [not enough cold temps when the trees need it].

Old 06-20-2010, 10:04 PM

And they pronounce it "ammond".

Old 06-20-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Yeah, but we have orange\ avocado trees!
They have citrus too. Lots and lots of it.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
And they pronounce it "ammond".
Exactly! How did you know that? Do you have relatives in the Central Valley, Fontucky?

Old 06-20-2010, 10:09 PM

I knew that because I'm f'in old and I've been around. But, to answer your question:

Yes. Fresno, Sanger, Centerville, Bakersfield, Selma, Clovis, Reedley, Minkler and Springville.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:13 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,655,642 times
Yep I hope they take over the southwest so they can save it from the evil white man and transform it into a mexican paradise like oasis that is tijuana or any part of northern mexico. Because if the southwest would've remained in the hands of mexico they would've created better cities than L.A, SD, vegas, phx. or built things like the hoover dam.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:13 PM

1,431 posts, read 939,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagerzoo View Post
Has anyone on this thread that thinks it couldn't happen attended any immigration rallies lately? Apparently not. Just spend one hour at one and you'll see a blatent disrespect for AMERICA, no intention whatsoever to asslimilate, and countless references to "their land" and takeover. Wake up people. I speak Spanish fluently, by choice, and I'm pissed as hell that our schools are bilingual, Los Angeles - a once beautiful city, is quickly turning into a run down Mexican city, and I'm sick and tired of illegal aliens creeping into our country and sucking our systems dry. God Bless Jan Brewer- now if we can get other states to follow. Stop this "anchor baby" crap - DEMAND ENGLISH only in our schools and businesses, and quit sitting by while the illegals are ruining our great land and laughing in our face in the process. This is just one of the hundreds of videos out there - think it's just talk? Think again.

YouTube - La Raza Invasion

YouTube - L.A. Teacher Calls for Mexican Revolt in the U.S.
Notice not 1 person said the "boy" was racist for all his "N-word" screaming,but all a white person has to say is that we want the illegals to go home & then its all about race. I think peeps need to take their heads out of the sand & see whats going on.Like my son is told daily by illegals in riverside.."they are taking California back,One house at a time".Look how bad its gotten in the last 10 yrs..what'll it be like in 10 more..???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles