Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 09:49 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,929,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Just to let you know, I seen quite a few places where you have your own separate entrance and so forth. So I wouldn't knock it until you at least take a look.

It's amazing what some people do to their homes/garage to make extra money. Some people convert rooms into makeshift studio apartments and it's too your benefit because the homes I have seen were in NICE areas.

Just my 2 cents...
she is not interested in makeshift of living in a garage...she is in her 30s and lives a very fashion forward lifestyle, that would not suit her personal style or need and or give her the privacy she desires....but thank you for your help.

SHE FOUND HER OWN PLACE....she is flying out Friday to sign a lease she got a great deal and a industry discount and her rent will be $795 for a furnished apt.........great location, etc.... Apartments NW Studio City - The Excelsior Apartments - Studio City, CA 91604

thanks..xo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 03:19 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,254,549 times
So she got a studio afterall. Good for her. And to think that she wanted a 1 bedroom but came to the realization that she had to settle for a studio. Good luck to her with the modeling adventure. I would think that their would be lots of studios in Studio city. (Couldn't resist.)

Old 01-13-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
So she got a studio afterall. Good for her. And to think that she wanted a 1 bedroom but came to the realization that she had to settle for a studio. Good luck to her with the modeling adventure. I would think that their would be lots of studios in Studio city. (Couldn't resist.)

Very kind words...thank you... She is leaving tomorrow to check it out JUST TO BE SURE...and will most likely sign a lease. From the looks of it on line it appears PERFECT and the fact that its furnished, location and ammenities...you cant get any better .

She has been a commercial model for over 10 yrs. and does very well. Wihelmina Models just signed her with the LA office and feels she can get a lot more work in the LA Market.

Again thanks for all the help and kind responses xoxoxoxo

Old 01-13-2010, 04:20 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,254,549 times
That is cool that she has things going for her.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:36 PM

3 posts, read 9,550 times
Default rent for 1000

I know someone who is renting her lease for 1000 mth, there will be 2 other roomates, one is a host for a styling show and the other roomate is a writer for E. The house is beautiful and in west hollywood let me know if your interested i can have her show u the place.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietgal1 View Post
I know someone who is renting her lease for 1000 mth, there will be 2 other roomates, one is a host for a styling show and the other roomate is a writer for E. The house is beautiful and in west hollywood let me know if your interested i can have her show u the place.

none of this fits her criteria...but, thank you....I am just praying that i will get a text saying that she got the place...

Old 01-13-2010, 11:42 PM

10,629 posts, read 26,668,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichappens View Post
she is not interested in makeshift of living in a garage...she is in her 30s and lives a very fashion forward lifestyle, that would not suit her personal style or need and or give her the privacy she desires....but thank you for your help.
I'm glad to hear that she found a place, and that it worked out so well, but just in case it's not as nice in person, or for anyone else reading this now or in the future who might be in need of the same thing, I did want to throw out an opinion on the garage thing. While some (a lot, probably) garage conversions are illegal, living in a legal converted garage isn't the same thing as living in a garage; many of these units are quite nice, offer just as much (or often more!) privacy than would a studio in a building (they're often freestanding back buildings), are only "garages" in the sense that any converted building started out that way, and could be an excellent choice for a fashion-forward 30-something person with a limited budget. They're also often in quieter neighborhoods with lots of single-family homes, so they can be a way to afford to rent in a neighborhood that would otherwise not be an option. I know some people who have rented former garage apartments in the past, as well as know others who have converted their garages into their own personal separate offices/guest room space. I don't know anyone who actually parks in their garage.

Last edited by uptown_urbanist; 01-14-2010 at 09:06 AM..

Old 01-13-2010, 11:58 PM

3,732 posts, read 5,739,536 times
She's going to have to move in as someone's roommate, if she's not going to live in a seriously iffy area, and a total dump. Alternately, she could be a house-sitter. Getting such a gig is next to impossible, but with her connections, it may be possible for her. Hollywood, I'm told, is actually a happening place, again. But that means the rents are going to be astronomical. If I were her, I'd try to share a shabby house somewhere off the beach in Malibu. The only major problems Malibu has are the wildfires and the drug rehab houses.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
She's going to have to move in as someone's roommate, if she's not going to live in a seriously iffy area, and a total dump. Alternately, she could be a house-sitter. Getting such a gig is next to impossible, but with her connections, it may be possible for her. Hollywood, I'm told, is actually a happening place, again. But that means the rents are going to be astronomical. If I were her, I'd try to share a shabby house somewhere off the beach in Malibu. The only major problems Malibu has are the wildfires and the drug rehab houses.

she signed a lease today in STUDIO CITY for $795 [WITH INDUSTRY DISCOUNT] and has ALREADY been a successful fashion commercial model for over 10yrs and does extremely well.

P.S...IF I were her I would tell her to avoid your advise like the Swine FLU!

Apartments NW Studio City - The Excelsior Apartments - Studio City, CA 91604

Old 01-15-2010, 05:12 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,367,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Just to let you know, I seen quite a few places where you have your own separate entrance and so forth. So I wouldn't knock it until you at least take a look.

It's amazing what some people do to their homes/garage to make extra money. Some people convert rooms into makeshift studio apartments and it's too your benefit because the homes I have seen were in NICE areas.

Just my 2 cents...
It sounds like you and I are on the same wave link, but it also sounds like she has found something she can live with. I did notice the OP mentioned her sister in law does quite well, so maybe after she lives in the studio for awhile she will want to consider moving into something better.

I do hope she is happy and enjoys living in the area she has chosen.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles