U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 07:58 AM

69 posts, read 117,451 times

Advertisements

I grew up in the IE and want to move closer to LA. I don't want to live in the suburbs--and is completely out of the question. What are some affordable areas in LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 08:50 AM

10,630 posts, read 22,753,005 times
Do you have a job? What do you mean by affordable? What do you mean by suburbs? (there really is no dramatic suburb/city difference; some areas within LA city limits are more "suburban" than are the "suburbs." City limits and boundaries don't mean all that much. What type of neighborhood do you want?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:01 AM

7,091 posts, read 18,421,358 times
i know where you're coming from. i spent a good amount of my youth in corona and as soon as i finished college i needed to get to a big city. LA will fit the bill, but first you'll need a job. you won't know where to live until you find a job though because LA is such a big place and traffic here is so horrible. you won't want to move to hollywood then end up working on the westside, unless you don't mind sitting in traffic for 45-60 minutes every morning/evening. part of the draw of living in the city is that you can be close to work and still have all the other ammenities you need nearby as well. affordability will be another issue, but that can be determined after you know how much money you'll be making.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:03 PM

69,289 posts, read 79,469,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floomer99 View Post
I grew up in the IE and want to move closer to LA. I don't want to live in the suburbs--and is completely out of the question. What are some affordable areas in LA.
are you wanting to move to Los Angeles or are you wanting to re-locate to Mobile, Al. You have asked the same thing on that thread and are tallking $100-$300,000 I guess. Do you have a job in either of these places and what do you do for a living? If you really do want to live in L.A. you would be hard pressed to find anything nice for that amount of money...

Oh and now I see you live in Etheopia and would like to consider NY City..??? huh???

Nita

Old 01-23-2010, 09:24 AM

69 posts, read 117,451 times
I'm just keeping my options open. No problem with that at all. Oh, and I don't live in Ethiopia, I'm volunteering for a year. I grew up in Rialto, CA. So if I wanted to move to a big city, LA would be a pretty good bet, followed by NYC. I went to school in the south (Tuskegee, AL) and I have experience in all of the areas I am mentioning. So what's the huh about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or