U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 04:27 AM

5,660 posts, read 6,578,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
LA is actually not a very good place to have a long term partner. Bars and clubs cost too much $$. And this is a city in which most people drive in their cars from place to place and many attractions or places to see are spread out. With those kinds of factors, it would be tough. Not impossible though, but tough.
California in general (or America for that matter) isn't a good place if someone's looking for a long-term relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 03:09 PM

158 posts, read 560,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
California in general (or America for that matter) isn't a good place if someone's looking for a long-term relationship.
Oh God, please continue.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:16 PM

6,229 posts, read 9,513,066 times
What if your average looking but dress extremely well and classy and generally like you have alot of money? Do you think I stand a chance with the women of LA?

Old 06-25-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iburytheliving View Post
Oh God, please continue.
What else would you like to know?

Old 06-26-2010, 12:55 AM

77 posts, read 67,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicks View Post
How's the dating scene in LA? Is it true that LA has the highest percentage of unmarried folks in the USA?

I'm early 30's male and am thinking about the move to LA, but I'm curious how easy it is for singles to meet and mingle.

From experience stay away from women that wear lots of blings. There are a lot of gold diggers in LA / Fake Women / Liars / Gossipers / Pretentious.

Depends on the race of the girls as well be really careful, I wont mention which race as it might be used against me as racism. But be really careful.

Stay away from women with "Miami" boobs, any chicks that have fake boobs are going to have fake personality as well.

Stay away from girls that love to drink alcohol or take illicit drugs and have tattoos.

Girls from Hollywood / Bel Air / Brentwood and Westwood are mostly gold diggers.

If you want decent women that will be faithful to you then come to Newport Beach they are really decent women around here. Women here are already wealthy or well off they wont need to be fake or pretentious and most of the girls here do not wear loads of blings or have Miami Boobs.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:56 AM

3,777 posts, read 7,167,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
LA is actually not a very good place to have a long term partner. Bars and clubs cost too much $$. And this is a city in which most people drive in their cars from place to place and many attractions or places to see are spread out. With those kinds of factors, it would be tough. Not impossible though, but tough.
What do bars and clubs have to do with having a long-term partner?

Old 06-26-2010, 09:59 AM

3,777 posts, read 7,167,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
What if your average looking but dress extremely well and classy and generally like you have alot of money? Do you think I stand a chance with the women of LA?
If you're looking for a "long-term partner," those things aren't the important ones.

Are you kind? Do you treat people with respect? Are you honest? Faithful? Patient? Forgiving? Hardworking?

Those are the important things, long-term.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:49 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,278,707 times
The reason why I brought up the point about the bars and clubs is because it costs some serious cash to spend time in one of those places and there is no guarantee you will find a person that will become a good fit for a long term partner. What do people do at bars and clubs? They drink and dance of course. And over the long term, alcohol clouds a person's judgment and ruins a person's brain. LA in general is also not a good place to pursue a serious relationship with someone because lots of people here are too focused on material things and IMO they don't really have any concept of how life should be lived. It seems to me people in LA live to work. With those kinds of factors to deal with, I wouldn't be sad at all if I didn't find a partner here but that's my 2 cents. LA is too competitive where people always try to get ahead of each other. Can you find a long term partner here? Of course you can but the odds aren't very good.

Old 06-26-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBeachGuy View Post
From experience stay away from women that wear lots of blings. There are a lot of gold diggers in LA / Fake Women / Liars / Gossipers / Pretentious.

Depends on the race of the girls as well be really careful, I wont mention which race as it might be used against me as racism. But be really careful.

Stay away from women with "Miami" boobs, any chicks that have fake boobs are going to have fake personality as well.

Stay away from girls that love to drink alcohol or take illicit drugs and have tattoos.

Girls from Hollywood / Bel Air / Brentwood and Westwood are mostly gold diggers.

If you want decent women that will be faithful to you then come to Newport Beach they are really decent women around here. Women here are already wealthy or well off they wont need to be fake or pretentious and most of the girls here do not wear loads of blings or have Miami Boobs.
Are the women in Newport open to dating guys who are different complected from them?

Old 06-26-2010, 05:41 PM

425 posts, read 1,677,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBeachGuy View Post

This is one of the dumbest things I have read on these forums.

First of all, you can find fake, pretentious, gold diggers in Newport Beach. You can find them anywhere in the world. They're not endemic to LA/the LA area.

Plenty of women can enjoy a drink, wear nice clothes and jewelry, have tattoos, and even have implants and still be nice, honest, smart, faithful women. It's not what you look like on the outside that matters, it's who you are on the inside. If you just judge someone by how they look and not bother to get to know them, then you may end up missing out on a totally cool person because you have already determined who they are by their looks instead of getting to know them.

Anyone who wants to date in LA - or anywhere in the world, for that matter - would be wise to steer clear from your horrible, judgmental, idiotic "advice." If they were to follow it, then they probably would have problems dating. Because "gold diggers" aren't always wearing Chanel and Christian Louboutin with their fake boobs and jewelry. Once you get to know a person, you'll find out what kind of person they are and whether you want to continue spending time with them or not.

The only thing I agree with you on is the point of taking drugs. But you're not always going to know who is snorting lines by just looking at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles