U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2010, 04:53 PM

3 posts, read 8,624 times

Advertisements

My family (mid-20's, married, w/ 6 month old) are relocating from Arizona to the Woodland Hills area; preferably close to Warner Center biz park where I'll be working. We are renting and narrowed down to the below communities (links at bottom). Any referrals would be greatly appreciated.

We prefer nicer amenities and are wondering if being south of the 101 is like being south of the I-10 in Phoenix (not the best).

- The Met
- The Summit
- Avalon (Woodland Hills)
- Avalon (Warner Center)
- Archstone
- Warner Woodlands
- The Venue

Thanks!
Charles

---------------------------------------------
:: The Met :: Woodland Hills Condos | The Met Warner Center | Luxury Condominiums for Sale San Fernando Valley, CA
:: Summit :: Woodland Hills California Apartments - Home - Summit at Warner Center
:: Avalon (Woodland Hills) :: Apartments in Woodland Hills Avalon Woodland Hills (http://www.avaloncommunities.com/avaloncore/nfloor_2br.asp?comm=143 - broken link)
:: Avalon (Warner Center) :: Avalon at Warner Center - Woodland Hills, CA Apartment Floorplans (http://www.avaloncommunities.com/avaloncore/nfloor_2br.asp?comm=63 - broken link)
:: Archstone :: Archstone Warner Center in Woodland Hills | Archstone Apartments
:: Warner Woodlands ::
:: Venue :: The VENUE at Warner Center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 05:03 PM

736 posts, read 1,961,925 times
Charles: I grew up in the general area. Actually, in GENERAL, it is true that areas "south" of the 101 Freeway (or "south" of Ventura Blvd) are considered nicer than areas to the north. HOWEVER, in the case of Warner Center, you really can't go wrong in terms of it being a NICE and SAFE area.

I can't comment much on the specific buildings you are looking at except that MOST of the LARGE, NEWER complexes are located NORTH of the 101 Freeway/Ventura Blvd....and do NOT let that stop you from picking a building if you like that one best.

For example, one of the Avalon properties is "South" of the 101 Freeway/Ventura Blvd, however, it's kind of isolated on a hill. Might give some nice views but if you live in the heart of Warner Center (i.e., North of the Blvd) you can walk to more things like Warner Center park which has nice family oriented concerts during the summer. That said, nothing wrong with being on Ventura Blvd if that is what you like....it is the "main" street of the Valley.

So to sum up.....Warner Center is a CLEAN, SAFE, and GOOD area....pick the building you like the best (price, floor plan, amenities, etc).

Good luck!!!

Old 02-02-2010, 05:08 PM

Thanks! That is very helpful information and I feel a little less stressed out about finding the right area. I also appreciate the quick response.

I hope to hear from people with experiences at the Met, Summit and Avalon(s) if possible too...

Old 02-02-2010, 05:15 PM

7,092 posts, read 18,460,496 times
is there a reason that you're only looking at larger, corporate owned buildings? although there are deals to be had just about everywhere in LA right now, generally, you'll find lower rents in smaller buildings.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:18 PM

my research for places has been limited to the internet and sites like craigslist. We are open to all options, but there is something about the comfort of going with a larger community. We also want to be within 5 miles of our work (warner center) and are trying to stay under $1,800/mo for a 2 bedroom. Any suggestions on other places to look would be awesome.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:42 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,205,630 times
My brother and I go I dated (both 20s) lived in Warner Center. The whole "north of the blvd" thing is bs. Warner Center is very nice and there are a lot of 20s-30somethings there. You are right next to the 101, can take Topanga straight to the beach and to Santa Monica, have a lot of restaurants near you, movie theaters, shoppings, etc.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:01 PM

5,931 posts, read 6,372,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_OnThe_Land View Post
Charles: I grew up in the general area. Actually, in GENERAL, it is true that areas "south" of the 101 Freeway (or "south" of Ventura Blvd) are considered nicer than areas to the north. HOWEVER, in the case of Warner Center, you really can't go wrong in terms of it being a NICE and SAFE area.

I can't comment much on the specific buildings you are looking at except that MOST of the LARGE, NEWER complexes are located NORTH of the 101 Freeway/Ventura Blvd....and do NOT let that stop you from picking a building if you like that one best.

For example, one of the Avalon properties is "South" of the 101 Freeway/Ventura Blvd, however, it's kind of isolated on a hill. Might give some nice views but if you live in the heart of Warner Center (i.e., North of the Blvd) you can walk to more things like Warner Center park which has nice family oriented concerts during the summer. That said, nothing wrong with being on Ventura Blvd if that is what you like....it is the "main" street of the Valley.
So to sum up.....Warner Center is a CLEAN, SAFE, and GOOD area....pick the building you like the best (price, floor plan, amenities, etc).

Good luck!!!
I agree. I just moved from Avalon woodland hills and it is somewhat isolated.

I lved at the Oakwood in Woodland Hills for a few years and had no complaints. They had the best customer service.

The Avalon warner center is right in the middle of warner center and across the street from a nice small community park. Not to mention a short walk from the mall. Can't tell you about the apts but the area is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or