Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 07:09 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,789 times

Advertisements

I was born in L.A.
Growing and learning to drive there probably made me immune to most of the rude idiots trolling the freeways. Oh, sometimes one would irk me when I would forget that I am not entitled to right of way when merging, any more than the next selfish dork behind a steering wheel. Lol ...But I have since learned to share the road or just let the speed/control freaks have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 08:35 PM

30 posts, read 45,361 times
I take alot of Road trips to various places across North America. Los Angeles actually has it really good, cities out in the Mid-West have alot of slow freeway drivers...... East Coast cities have the fast drivers plus very narrow lanes to top it off..... In L.A people can actually go with the flow of traffic and not have to act like a 16 year old in a honda civic or a 65 year old in a buick. of course you will run into the fast and slow drivers everywhere but it is worse other places

Old 04-15-2012, 08:55 AM

67 posts, read 128,316 times
LA is not bad. People mind their own business. We don't say hello to everyone, but that doesn't mean we are rude. Also, if you are minority you will find more welcoming here than Midwest. People say Midwest is so friendly and nice. Yeah, if you are white, yes, minorities, no no no...

Old 04-15-2012, 02:15 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
I was thinking this today too. It is rare that when I put my turn signal on that someone actually lets me switch lanes. I have to plan way ahead of time to expect this and that most drivers here do not let you switch lanes without speeding up fast and pretending they don't see you.
I never understood why people think once they have mastered the use of using a turn signal it gives them the right of way.

I have people who give half a blink and cut in front of me with one foot clearance. That is not a safe lane change.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:34 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,977,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I never understood why people think once they have mastered the use of using a turn signal it gives them the right of way.

I have people who give half a blink and cut in front of me with one foot clearance. That is not a safe lane change.
Yes, but people do that because they know the person next to them won't let them over IF they give them the obligatory 5 or 6 blinks.

Much easier to give 1/2 a blink and barrel over into the next lane.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:27 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
person next to them won't let them over IF they give them the obligatory 5 or 6 blinks.
Those are the NY transplants.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:25 PM

50 posts, read 111,277 times
California drivers are horrible in general. I blame not learning to drive in the snow. I guess the dry roads and sunny days encourages texting while driving while eating while smoking while applying makeup while yelling at your 4 kids in the back of your enormous SUV.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:27 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,947,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winoceros View Post
California drivers are horrible in general. I blame not learning to drive in the snow. I guess the dry roads and sunny days encourages texting while driving while eating while smoking while applying makeup while yelling at your 4 kids in the back of your enormous SUV.
If this were a stereotype contest, you'd win HANDS DOWN lol

Old 04-23-2012, 07:16 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winoceros View Post
Wow. You really need to put the remote down and back away from the TV!

Old 04-23-2012, 07:29 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranza View Post
LA is not bad. People mind their own business. We don't say hello to everyone, but that doesn't mean we are rude. Also, if you are minority you will find more welcoming here than Midwest. People say Midwest is so friendly and nice. Yeah, if you are white, yes, minorities, no no no...
What part of the midwest are you talking about? I grew up there(Chicago and Milwaukee)and found not much difference on race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles