U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 01:35 PM

898 posts, read 1,242,134 times

Advertisements

You can't have everything that you want. It's just highly improbable that you're going to get it. The type of neighborhood that is predominantly hispanic and allows you to have two dogs for that price is not going to be safe. If you find one that is safe enough for that price, chances are that they will not allow you to keep those dogs since it will most likely be a two bedroom apt. with no yard and it will definitely not be celebrating Dia De Los Muertos or anything like that.

The only place that I can think of that is so Mexican (other than Mexico) is East L.A. and the only place there that will let you have those dogs is a house for rent and there's no way you're going to get it for that price unless you get it on the corner of Pandillero Ave. and Balaceado Blvd.

Besides, you said that your ENTIRE budget was 1100 which means that you have to find a place for about $600/Mo which just isn't possible in L.A. anymore for anything bigger than a studio. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 02:27 PM

890 posts, read 2,413,830 times
I'm Catholic and live in Carson. I'm from the Philippines originally.
There are plenty of Catholic churches.

But as far as Catholic Schools, I think they are all private.
I have a D13 and S10 attending private catholic school and the tuition alone in 2009-2010 is $7200 per year.

For High School, 1 student alone can be higher that $7,000 / per year, not including books, meals, and transportation, and other fund raising obligations.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:56 PM

11 posts, read 27,951 times
[SIZE=3]Mexico isnít an option for me and my family. I am just wanting a place that has the cultural aspect to it POSTIVE that is. I was online and the following cities/communities pop up can anyone tell me in there like or hear about them.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]1.chula vista?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]2.Downey?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]3. El monte[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]4. Fontan [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]5. Norwalk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Please excuse me if I had misspelled any of these places.[/SIZE]
Once again thank you for your help

Old 02-08-2010, 04:01 PM

1,078 posts, read 2,771,720 times
Parts of Texas or NM might be a better option.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:10 PM

East L.A. LOL im not wanting a death sentence here guys i have heard BAD things about East Los and from what i've heard that is a HELL NO. Correct me if i am wrong. Yes are buget is not the greatlest but there has to be something out there isnt there? or is itall togather i need to start looking eles where? I have always wanted to move to L.A. but if the prices are as high as it aperes then im not going to bother as hard as that is for me to say. Nothing eles seams to be like L.A. but i cant move somewhere that isnt realistic. Not really sure where to go from here

Old 02-08-2010, 05:30 PM

9,716 posts, read 12,938,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster2008 View Post
Parts of Texas or NM might be a better option.
Maybe parts of Florida or Arizona too?

Old 02-08-2010, 05:47 PM

1,078 posts, read 2,771,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Maybe parts of Florida or Arizona too?
Yeah that would work too. I mainly didn't include them as they seem to be a bit pricier but still way cheaper than LA.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:57 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,249,167 times
I guess my question is that how come you don`t want to be around people who don`t share your same cultural background?

Old 02-08-2010, 07:50 PM

69,258 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erebos View Post
[SIZE=3]Mexico isnít an option for me and my family. I am just wanting a place that has the cultural aspect to it POSTIVE that is. I was online and the following cities/communities pop up can anyone tell me in there like or hear about them.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]1.chula vista?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]2.Downey?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]3. El monte[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]4. Fontan [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]5. Norwalk[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Please excuse me if I had misspelled any of these places.[/SIZE]
Once again thank you for your help
With the large hispanic population in Los Angeles you certainly will get the culture you are seeking, but not much else. The places you have listed as posibiilities are either not particularly safe or out of your budget. Even the lower end is going to be much higher than you can manage. By the way Chula Vista is nowhere near L.A. it is south of San Diego. Again, you say you are in college, how do you plan on paying for your education? I just don't think what we are saying seems to be soaking in..What you want and what you are going to get are a million miles apart...

Nita

Old 02-08-2010, 07:52 PM

i was born and raised in a city that isnt
[SIZE=3]Culturally different let alone anything like mine to be frank about the matter there is no culture here and we hate it. My mother was born and raised in Minneapolis, mn where there is culture and diversity. She was forced to move here and then got married and had her kids and all of that. My thing is this I want my son to be raised to be proud of his culture not ashamed maybe los angels isn’t the best choice to show him but its way better than it is up here. We aren’t in the best place up here and my son can’t even play outside because of that. I now know that yea Los Angeles isn’t the city but it took me 7-8 months to figure that out lol that is very sad. I feel very stupid. We will be looking elsewhere and lets pray that we don’t end up in another bad community due to our fixed income that is my biggest worry. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]thanks again,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]mya[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles